Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Irresponsible pet owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Pets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juzlali

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all pet owners are irresponsible. Just some of them. Some owners go to work and are busy with their work. So, they don't have time to be with their pets. I have a dog but I am responsible. I always bring it to the field or other placeswhere there is nobody. I always give it food to eat. If it is feeling cold, I will put something to keep it warm. I always look after my pet. When my family and I go out, it will look after my house. It has even saved us from a cobra. It is my saviour and I love my pet. I will not forget it. I love it very much. If i want to leave my house to go anywhere, it will not let me leave. Very Happy
juzlali

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all pet owners are irresponsible. Just some of them. Some owners go to work and are busy with their work. So, they don't have time to be with their pets. I have a dog but I am responsible. I always bring it to the field or other placeswhere there is nobody. I always give it food to eat. If it is feeling cold, I will put something to keep it warm. I always look after my pet. When my family and I go out, it will look after my house. It has even saved us from a cobra. It is my saviour and I love my pet. I will not forget it. I love it very much. If i want to leave my house to go anywhere, it will not let me leave. Very Happy
admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have time.
If I go to China for 6 weeks and leave e.g. a cat at home, there will be a rotting corpse with some flesh left if I come home.
Ae

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, I do think that most (if not all) pet owners are irresponsible because in Malaysia alone, there are hundreds and thousands of unwanted pets in the SPCA's. We can't deny that all pets are lovable when they are young and many people would like to adopt them. Alas, as they grow older, they tend to lose their "cuteness" and their owners will start to dump them aside. As a result, these homeless pets will roam freely in both streets and housing areas. It's pitiful to see these pets having no owners to care and love them. I mean, pets have feelings like human beings as well. So why treat them in such a harsh and irresponsible way? Those who have read the book "Black Beauty" will know that actually animals feel the way like we do. I've seen pet owners who abandon their pets when these pets are sick. In fact, these irresponsible and heartless owners will leave them somewhere far from the house (to prevent these sickly pets from returning home). A few years back, i was truly horrified and angered when i read a true story about a dog being buried alive by the owner due to its loudbarking. I think that this kind of stone-hearted owner should just vanish from earth! Anyway, there are also Samaritans who save animals and pets from being killed or hurt. I'm also glad that there are still irresponsible owners who shower their pets with love. And on behalf of the pets, i thank these pet owners for their love and concern. Hopefully, in the years to come, there'll be more and more responsible pet owners and I don't wish to see any pets being tortured or abandoned by their devil-like owners. (I agree with Chel.)
alfa23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we must educate the pets owner.But it is not the most efective method.Another way is implement heavier penalty to the pets' owner not just fine them minor RM50 as the Malaysian goverment did!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Pets All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: