Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Sticky" threads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Help Center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: "Sticky" threads Reply with quote

There are some threads in the discussions with the name "sticky".
For example: "What do you thinks about teamspeak 2" in Computers or "Chinese food" or "Can you control yourself in a dream" in Science and so on.
My question, what do the sticky threads mean? That they are pasting there? But why? I mean, I'm sure that some of them won't interest that much.

I have always been thinking whether it's good or not if we remove the name "sticky" from the title.
Because we don't have to manually make this thread immortal, do we?
If this thread is very popular, then it won't die, and if it becomes unpopular, then it's like a rubbish lying in our way...
What do you think, Lorikeet, users, would it be worth remove "sticky"?
Lorikeet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be better to take away the "sticky" because if the thread is very popular, people will keep posting and it will still be near the top. I changed most of the stickies in the Teacher Forums to regular posts too. Before I do that here, however, I'd like to know what some other people think since I don't have as much experience in this forum as I had in the other one.

Please give your opinion!
RedRose

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
better to take away the "sticky" because if the thread is very popular, people will keep posting and it will still be near the top.

Yes, that's the point! some sticky topics seem out of date and unpopular, they should be taken away.
stellara

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i agree too

MOKEY ROCKS!!!
Lorikeet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I have "unstickied" all the stickies, except the one by Corey in "English schools." If you think something should be "stickied" or "unstickied" (I'm not sure those are real words, so I put them in quotation marks.) let me know.
admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Lorikeet, we are proud of you here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Help Center All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: