Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The war

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:58 am    Post subject: The war Reply with quote

When talk about a war, many people may think about disaster. Other may exciting to see a war. A war can damage objects and a mind of people the involve in the war. They are all bad. While everybody realize about disadvantage of war. But why some people won't to make a war.
What is the adventage and disadventage of war? A war can make a compact nation for example Chinese make a war to unite regions. A war can use to eliminate terrorist. But there are a lot of disadventages from a war that can't be access. A war destroy natural resources and human resources.
In my opinion, I think this world should not have a war no matter for eliminate terrorist or any purpose. We should use a peaceful world.
I have asked many people, the most of them think like me that this world should not have a war. But some people think that it necessary to make a war sometime. In case of terrorist we should make a war to stop them.
However, whenever and wherever a war happen, it always cause damage. Everybody in this world should avoid a war for peace.
Diana

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The war Reply with quote

joon wrote:

In my opinion, I think this world should not have a war no matter for eliminate terrorist or any purpose. We should use a peaceful world.

I disagree with this opinion. If a person attacks you, you do nothing? You don't even defend yourself? I would like to live in a peaceful world, but to do that everyone must follow the rules and not hurt each other. That is not the case in the real world. In the real world that we are living in, there are terrorists and criminals. If you don't do anything, these terrorists and criminals will continue to kill. What do you do? Diplomacy will not work against tryants and people who hate. We already learned that from Adolf Hitler.
Mr.Ariya Teppitaksak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: The effective of war ! ! ! Reply with quote

Very Happy Most of the world population disagree in war. If we talk in war. Almost everyone afraid of it. I want to focus on the war between The united states of America and Iraq, I think it have affect with me and people all of the world because USA, which country is the most powerful in many sides, such as social, military, economics, technology, education ect. Iraq, which country economic is fueled by the sale of oil, our main resource for communication and industry, There are economic worries involving oil and the vary real fear for asia. News said that Iraq hides of toxic weapons but we don't know what kind of Iraq has, chemical, biological or nuclear weapons so we don't know how can we will protect ourselves from weapons.
My own opinion is still wavering about the begin point of the war, on the one hand , it might be difference religions because from news. Mr. Saddum, in an interview broadcast, his govenment had a relationship with al-Qaeda (Muslim armies) it would be impossible to hide arms, on the other hand, it might be difference nationalities.
When the war occurs, it will affect many countries all over the world.
First of all, the bad social because government concern only war doesn't look after population. Many people don't have enough money to live or to education. Also the lack of job is another main cause of increasing crime. People have no way to get food or a plate to live.
Secondly, the world's economy crisis will be destroyed because the USA is center of economic of the world price of oil for communication & industry will increase so it make prices of goods increase rapidly. Effect cycle involve with people for example, prices of goods increase, famine of people bad health, lack of nutrition
Lastly, losing important natural resources, such as forests, clean water, if weapons is nuclear it has many toxic dust, forests as oxygen factorise will be destroyed by heat and nuclear power. If there are launch of oil into water, the oil will absorbed by plants & animal. Some of those died; other will be eaten by fish.
Therefore we must against war is not for only us, but for this world and for everyone who was to live in this world after us.

Miss.Suwitcha Komphanchai
45213405 Chem-Science
Diana

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: The Effect Of War. Reply with quote

I agree with everything you say in here. Of course, many people hate war. In regards to the Iraqi Crisis, I am still hoping that a peaceful solution will be found. I haven't seen the broadcast that you speak of. I don't think Iraq is mixed up with Al-Queda or Osama Bin Laden. At least, I haven't seen any evidence of it. President George W. Bush seems to think so, though.

I think that the UN inspections should finish their job. Now that the United States has satellite photos showing Saddam moving his chemical and biologial weapons around on wheels, the UN inspectors can use that to their advantage. If illegal weapons are found in Iraq, the UN inspectors should be given authority to destroy those weapons themselves immediately. You can't trust Saddam to destroy the weapons because he won't do it, so the UN inspectors is going to have to do it themselves.
pugachevV

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:24 am    Post subject: North Korea Reply with quote

Hello Joon,
I think you have said elsewhere that you live in south Korea. North Korea is making all kinds of threatening noises and may try to unify the country by invading the south.
In this case, are you going to just let them do it or are you going to fight?
Obviously fewer people would die if you just let them do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: