Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TSUNAMI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Science
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: TSUNAMI Reply with quote

TSUNAMI

What is Tsunami? Tsunami is a series of waves and a big harbor wave. Tsunami comes from the Japanese language meaning harbour ("tsu", 津) and wave ("nami", 波 or 浪). In Japanese tsunami is used for both the singular and plural, in English tsunamis is well-established as the plural. The term was created by fishermen.In my opinion, Tsunami is new knowledge for Thai people and we should to know, that we can divide the text to 3 parts.
First, Causes of Tsunami. We divide causes of Tsunami into two ways. By nature, it generated when water in a lake or the sea is rapidly displaced on a massive scale. Earthquakes, landslides, volcanic eruptions and large meteorite impacts. By human, Activity of human for example Atomic boom in ocean.
Second, Effect of Tsunami. When Tsunami happened, it has effects to anything. So we divide effects into three main groups. Those are effects to life for example died, hurt and maimed etc., affects to assets for example devoid a house, hotel, restaurant near the beach. and effects to economics for example none tourist around the beach.
Finally, Prevention when Tsunami happened. Tsunamis cannot be prevented or precisely predicted but there are some warning signs of an impending tsunami such as "in case of earthquake, go to high ground or inland", and build the structure to reduce the damage from tsunamis such as Tsunami wall at Tsu -shi, Japan.
In conclusion, Tsunami is new knowledge and should to know because Position of Thailand located between the Gulf of Thailand and Indian Ocean that it has a chance Tsunami will be happened. In your opinion, Should you know about tsunami?
Kanniga

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Tsunami, i am Thai people and i think the knowlegde about Tsunami is good because Tsunami happened in Thailand on 26 December 2004 and it have a chance again.
constantin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good knowlegde for me because I'm study in civil engineering
godjee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good knowlegde for thai people.
Anix

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the thing of a marine disaster. it is now since the Middle and Near East of a measure by tsunami is not inadequate, I want the United Nations to become a subject and to tackle in it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Science All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: