Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone know how to grow taller??pls help..i am really sad
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiwi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: anyone know how to grow taller??pls help..i am really sad Reply with quote

anyone know how to grow taller?

i am a sixteen year old girl

i want to grow taller

but can i?

do u have any tips or advise on what food to eat that will increase my height? what excersise?any good habits i have to practice in order to grow taller?

i am so sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

please help me......my email is [email protected]
Winkydragonfly

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please help me too!
I am too short ,too!
Help..help...help....
SOS...SOS..SOS.....

BTW,wiwi,
I have heared that to play basketball can help us to grow taller!
See those persons who likes to play basketball and plays it often.Most of them are much taller than us! Wink
Lorikeet

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think how tall you can grow is decided when you are born. If you eat the right food, you can reach your height potential. If your parents are short, you will probably be short too. What's more important is appreciating who you are and not worrying about how you look. Some people are tall and some are short, but the most important thing is what kind of people they are. Do you agree?
laus

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with Lorikeet. I am 17 years boy and i am too short . And im fine with that. Its cool to be short Wink So, wiwi and winky.. Dont be sad Very Happy
Winkydragonfly

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorikeet wrote:
I think how tall you can grow is decided when you are born. If you eat the right food, you can reach your height potential. If your parents are short, you will probably be short too. What's more important is appreciating who you are and not worrying about how you look. Some people are tall and some are short, but the most important thing is what kind of people they are. Do you agree?

er...How to say it?
My father is tall enough,but my mother is a little short!(not very short!)
But I am Arrow So short!
Though in my class,I am neither too tall or too short....But when I stand with others,I suddenly feel shy!

Short person,listen to me:I have heared the short person can live longer.I don't know if it is true? Wink Question
Winkydragonfly

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laus wrote:
I completely agree with Lorikeet. I am 17 years boy and i am too short . And im fine with that. Its cool to be short Wink So, wiwi and winky.. Dont be sad Very Happy

Now we should comfort ouselves!Aha! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
However,I hope to be taller! Embarassed
wiwi

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: my parents are not short le..how come i am so short... Reply with quote

i am around 156 and 157....i am so sad and greedy but i really want to be taller for at least 5 cm..taller will make a girl look more confident and classy...man say they don't mind girl who is short but is it so?doesn't the people see your face first before they befriend with u...i have tried to search on websites on how to grow taller.....and many products appear..i would like to buy but it's at usa i am in singapore....so sad..any kind hearted people pls help me..pls..pls telll me the way...
Winkydragonfly

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: my parents are not short le..how come i am so short... Reply with quote

wiwi wrote:
i am around 156 and 157.any kind hearted people pls help me..pls..pls telll me the way...

See, Embarassed Embarassed Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
you are taller than me,wiwi!
I am only 155!
BTW,I need help as wiwi!
Thanks for giving us ideas!
laus

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found some useful info in internet website (http://www.network54.com/Forum/201879/ ):
Quote:
I have been interested in height and how we grow etc for a very long time.
things I find helpful:
* exercise as it produces human growth hormone which makes us grow. try to avoid weights, swimming running are good etc
* Centrum multi vitamin, l arigine and calcium magnesium zinc
* sleep you grow mainly while you sleep
* definitely don’t worry about your height, see a hypnotist if you worry that much so you can leave your body to grow.
* if you think you will grow you are more likely to if you don’t you are not likely to.

Things that aren’t useful
*Growth products are all scams they don’t work I have tried an wasted my money, as have most of you guys have, but if you haven’t I wouldn’t bother. I hope these scammers are enjoying mugging us guys off, because they get paid back!!. Even yoko Is a scam. IF YOU WANT TO SPEND YOUR MONEY I WOULD GO FOR HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE, ANY REIABLE MAKE, AS IT IS INEVITABLY WHAT MAKE US GROW.
* you do not stop growing at 15 16 18 this is complete bull****, at 15 16 you should be at your peak. You can definitely grow until you are 21 so long as you haven’t or do not abuse you body with weights, drugs, late nights, no exercise, eating bad food. Guys can grow up until they reach 25 even though it isn’t really common, but this doesn’t mean its impossible, as I know and have read about people who have grown at around or up to that age.

That means, you should live healthy and dont buy medicaments.
Also, what i can recommend to you is to do yoga exercises.
19thThinker

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon guys
You should be satified with your height.
I'm almost 18 years and a girl. My height is 182 cm and It's not always fun to be this tall. I don't mind being tall, but I'm uncomfortable in airplanes, busses etc and I keep hitting my head all the time, but that's my own fault Wink
wiwi

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: thank u very much,laus n u friends that have replied my post Reply with quote

thank u very much for ur advice and tips,i really felt encouraged by your words..u are really a nice friend..thanks wish u be blessed by god for the whole life..because nowadays kind peoples are on the verge of extinction..i hope we will continue to discuss,share our views and feeling together Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Razz Smile
doramo

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LorikeetI think how tall you can grow is decided when you are born. If you eat the right food, you can reach your height potential. If your parents are short, you will probably be short too. What's more important is appreciating who you are and not worrying about how you look. Some people are tall and some are short, but the most important thing is what kind of people they are. Do you agree?�
I quite agree what you said. To be tall or be short is not totally based on you. However, if you do some exercises or keep a healthy diet, perhaps you will be taller than before. But as long as you are confident, no matter whether you are tall or not, you can have a healthy life.
Winkydragonfly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend told me that :"Winky...I am afraid you can't join the basketball team..Er ... you are a little short!"

Oh.....................No!!!
dasani

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jump.
I heard jump roping can help you get taller. Just jumping can help you get taller. Basketball can also help you get taller.
Lorikeet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: