Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you like the President USA?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knd1955

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Do you like the President USA? Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
Do you like talk about the politic? Tell your opinion about the President !!
RedRose

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who cares?
laus

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm not interested in politics.
ltp-008

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in politics,why?I am listening to VOA news almost everyday in order to improve my listening skill,I am also accessing to the CNN Website everyday and reading the news aroung the world so that I can enhance my reading skill.During this process,I have been interested in politics.

About the presidents of the United States,I think every president has his own feature.

First,Bill Clinton was energetic and humorous president,he gave me an deep impression especiallly his affair with a white house interm.

Second,Gorge .W.Bush is responsible president for the world,he decided to invade Iraq and toppled Saddam tyranny regime and liberate 20 millions Iraqis .In his the state of the Union address in 2006,he emphasized that the democracy and freedom is the key for the wrold lasting peace and prosperity,he wants to push democracy to the regions which still are controlled by some tyranny regimes.

In short ,the president of the United States is elected by their people and serves his people.I can not imagine how the outcome of World War Two would be without the United State ,maybe Nazi Germany would have controled the world.The United State has done a lot of contributions to the world .The president of the United States can play a very important role in the world.
loulou79

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate all the presidents of the world
what have they done
launching wars and taking our money
how come they and their families, relatives friends misteresses get rich once they become presidents Rolling Eyes
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose wrote:
who cares?

That doesn't seem like you, Red! Confused

My answer is a definite NO. Worst president ever. I could pick some random guy off the street and he'd be a billion times better than Bush. Honestly.
ieltsinsider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: none Reply with quote

No, I don't. But there are far worse than GWB out there. (And far better, of course!)
Ducky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loulou79 wrote:
i hate all the presidents of the world
what have they done
launching wars and taking our money
how come they and their families, relatives friends misteresses get rich once they become presidents Rolling Eyes

That doesn't seem at all biased! Because every president of every country has launched wars and taken money!
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's likable enough as an individual I assume. He seems charming in a hillbilly way.

Unfortunately he is terribly ignorant and intolerant. He also has no idea of how to create good will, or use the power of the U.S. for something other than creating personal gain and forwarding his own misguided personal agendas.

He is very embarrassing as the leader of my country. He should stick to what he knows best and to what his personality is best suited - owning sports teams.

I'm proud of my country, but ashamed of the president.

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beancurdturtle wrote:

Unfortunately he is terribly ignorant and intolerant. He also has no idea of how to create good will, or use the power of the U.S. for something other than creating personal gain and forwarding his own misguided personal agendas.

He is very embarrassing as the leader of my country. He should stick to what he knows best and to what his personality is best suited - owning sports teams.

I'm proud of my country, but ashamed of the president.

Couldn't have said it better (isn't this a change, Turtle!)
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flying_pig319 wrote:
RedRose wrote:
who cares?

Red cracks me up too. So much energy in her attitude! Maybe a little too much - but it's entertaining.

Maybe next time I go to China I can meet her - and watch her argue and chat all night long.

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flying_pig319 wrote:

Couldn't have said it better (isn't this a change, Turtle!)

Just because we had a lively first encounter doesn't mean that we might not have a lot of common thoughts. Very Happy

--Dr. Seuss
RedRose

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beancurdturtle wrote:
flying_pig319 wrote:
RedRose wrote:
who cares?

Red cracks me up too. So much energy in her attitude! Maybe a little too much - but it's entertaining.

Maybe next time I go to China I can meet her - and watch her argue and chat all night long.

wow, this is about me, isn't it? turtle, why is it all night long instead of all day long? Laughing maybe you keep some perverted thoughts in your mind Wink Don't tell me what you are thinking about is what I am thining about Twisted Evil that way I will get angry and probably slap on your face Embarassed

Turtle, I am sorry that you won't be able to watch me argue with people in real life, you know, I am a teacher, I tend to discuss and answer questions with my students, no more argument.

But back in my college years, I was a good arguer in campus. I recall, in my sophomore year, me and other 3 classmates (we are one team) won the champinship in an argument contest in my college. I guess the reason why i won was because I was too nice and too lovable to fail, further, because we got a terrific teacher Laughing before the argument contest began, my teacher told us:"if you wanna win, you have to drive your opponents nuts in a friendly way, keep smiling, say something logic, and never get angry!" thank god, I happened to be the one who never got angry when I was arguing with people Laughing one of my opponents got so nuts that after the contest, she told me:"don't let me meet you in the 2nd pathway, otherwise you will receive a lesson." (BTW, the 2nd pathway was the busiest way to our dormitory). I laughed and I told her:"but the 2nd way is the only way I wanna go through." and I went through that pathway everyday, guess what? nothing even happened!! seriously, I was kinda disappointed.

Now I seldom argue with people, maybe it's because I love people so much. so when I argue with people and some of them would feel hurt, I aways feel very self-condemned, in that case, I always can't help showing them all my love and concern, that would drive them more irritated. and that's what I don't want. imagine: if people always get you wrong, how would you feel? that's not a nice feeling, believe me.
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All day we work. At night people can drink tea and chat and debate. Doesn't seem perverted to me Very Happy

Call it "debate" instead of "argument." It's basically the same thing, but "argument" has a negative connotation to most people.

--Dr. Seuss
RedRose

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beancurdturtle wrote:
All day we work. At night people can drink tea and chat and debate. Doesn't seem perverted to me Very Happy

Ok, we can drink tea all night long Laughing who would buy that? Wink

Quote:
Call it "debate" instead of "argument." It's basically the same thing, but "argument" has a negative connotation to most people.

Thank you for your explanation, then we can say debate is a 中性词 and argument is a 贬义词?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: