Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do u think that 10 yrs after now U.S.A will lead in the wrd?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faay

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Do u think that 10 yrs after now U.S.A will lead in the wrd? Reply with quote

What is your opinion? Evil or Very Mad Why? or Why not? Question Exclamation Question Exclamation
ltp-008

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the states is going to lead the world from now on ten years later.Why?there are many factors which will impact the world .I don't mean not to admit that the states has the strongest power to influence the world affairs,I just think the world is so complex that every country in the world has its voice to say something about international affairs.

Firstly,Europe Union has strong power to influence the world affairs,the states has been inpacted by Europe countries especially by the Britain for long time .the ancestors of most Americans came from Europe,so if the states wants to dominate the world ,she must persuade EU to agree with,I 'm sure it is a very hard work to do.It is possible that the EU can not agree that the states will lead the world after ten years from now on.We can not deny that EU and the states have many common intersts and values,but once they confront with each other in businesses,they will become two different power groups which each group gains its own economic benefits .

Secondly,there are still other world players in the world ,for example,Rusia ,China,Idian ,etc.They want the world to be multi-powers.They don't want that the world will be controlled by the states in the future.If the state really wants to domanite the world ,perhaps the world will unite to confront with the states,I don't hope this situation will occur.

Thirdly,I think that many Americans themselves don't want to lead the world,they only want to manage well their own country.Undoubtfully the states is leading the world in economy and military power,but it doesn't mean the world will controlled by the states,the United states still needs ally to support its proposals in the UN.

Fourthly,the Earth is going round and round,the world is changing every decade,so no one is sure what the world will happen in the next ten years.

God blesses the world!
mischa

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think USA'll lead to world why? because like indian and chine there another countries which will be having more power even than USA
And USA related with EU s countries.EU isnt strong i think
maybe USA will lead the world ten years later but not any more
Outofin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the US could keep their dominance for at least 20 years and maybe much longer. The MOST optimistic (a little unrealistic) estimate is that China's economy could catch up with the US by 2030.
jiwenjie

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: Do u think that 10 yrs after now U.S.A will lead in the Reply with quote

I don't think so, for a lot of country developed rapidly, and they don't like to follow the USA and do the things that the USA ordered. And I don't think only one simple country will have the capability to lead the whole world no matter how strong it is.
Inamorata

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt that any ONE country will "rule the world"........But America? God knows i hope not......i mean Bush can't even run our country correclty........let alone THE WORLD?????????

We'd all be dead (o-__-o)

Plus personaly, the way China's going, im always joking about them Beating the crap out of us (the U.s.a), and taking over the title "superpower"........but it could actually happen, and THEY would then "rule the world" hahaha.....man >.<

->IzA<-
xP
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely NOT.
The USA is...
making some very bad decisions right now.
Heheh.
Julia-hyunah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: U.S. in 10 years? YES! Reply with quote

If you set time limit to 10 years, I believe that U.S. will still be a dominant, leading power country in the world.

But about 20-30 years later, I believe that China will probably be a most powerful country in the world since China has big continents, large population and rapidly growing economy.

Last edited by Julia-hyunah on Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hyun02

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutley not!! U.S. wont be able to lead the world in the way they want in 2020. China or India or even other big countries have huge potential to be next world leading country.
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting responses - and pretty much a concensus.

Our (the U.S.) economy is losing momentum while other economies are in strong growth modes.

I'm in agreement with the general conclusion expressed on on this subject so far.

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
RedRose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, US will still be the leader of the world in 10 years, maybe 15 years. but another country will replace it.

I just can't make sure who is the "another country"
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many countries are getting smarter, so I don't think any one country will lead.
k.m.m

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anuradha Chepur wrote:
Many countries are getting smarter, so I don't think any one country will lead.

AGREED.

KMM
BourneNOIR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose wrote:
Yes, US will still be the leader of the world in 10 years, maybe 15 years. but another country will replace it.

I just can't make sure who is the "another country"

The "another country" is actually "another alien race". They'll come, take pity on us, and put us out of the misery... Laughing
jarodlovely

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think no body will rule/lead the world even it's the strongest economic power since nations have beeing mutually dependent on each other. no body can live without others' support
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: