Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Target of BUSH - North Korea???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waslord

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why you defense Bush???
yeah I know that with Saddam...
There are otherways to win against the Iraq terrorists,
with violence maybe headhunters.
Sorryfor my bad English, I'm German
Razz
sunking814

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guten Abend!

Oh, I was not defending Bush at all. You had said he was killing everyone....we're NOT! The CIA assassination teams are much more efficient than that

I am one of those that voted for Bush. And on the days after 9/11 I thought he did a good job. However, about a month after 9/11, when he started demanding greater freedoms for the intelligence services and the Patriot Act, etc, etc I began to be worried. But when he said we had evidence that Saddam had a 45 minute capability for launch nuclear weapons, then I was for attacking Iraq. Now, the US and UK see that we were told lies to gain support, and I do not like that one bit. I am seriously mad about that! America may be strong, but we should not be trying to establish a Pax Americana on the world.

Cool
Diana

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: 45 Minute Capacity. Reply with quote

Sunking, it wasn't Bush who said that Saddam can launch his chemicals in 45 minutes. It was Tony Blair. Do you know who Tony Blair is? He's the Prime Minister of Great Britain.

They did try to find other ways to get rid of Saddam. The CIA, British Intelligence, and even Israel tried to assassinate Saddam. All three of them failed.
waslord

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H��������������������������������������������������????
from which country you come????????????????????????????????????????
USA Iraq or Germany ???????????????????????????????????????????
Can you tell me ???
sunking814

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am from the USA....Jacksonville, Florida! and you?
waslord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEermany one hour to colonge
waslord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEermany one hour to colonge
genkiguy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Korean Crisis. Reply with quote

[quote="Diana"] he has banned Japan from multilateral talks because Japan has been asking about the Japanese citizens he kidnapped. He has even made threats quote]

I was living in Japan when North Korea finally admitted, after decades of denial, that they did indeed kidnap Japanese citizens. Some school girls. to teach North Korean spies Japanese.

When these kidnapped people were finally "allowed" to visit Japan TEMPORARILY, their North Korean families and children were kept behind in North Korea, as insurance that they would come back.

I can't remember the exact details of what happened, (this was last year) but some maybe all of the Japanese decided to NOT return to North Korea.

This led to protests by the North Koreans that the Japanese government was holding these people against their will!!!

Unbelievable, unbesmegginglievable
Diana

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:59 am    Post subject: On Blackmailing. Reply with quote

Thanks for the information, Genkiguy. So, what I heard and read is true. It seems that North Korea is in the business of blackmailing. I think he is doing the same thing to the US through his threats. Kim Jung II has been asking the US to sign a non-aggression treaty despite that the Americans have been saying that they won't attack North Korea. I wonder if North Korea actually possess nuclear weapons as they say. They have been known to bluff before.
sunking814

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW...I had heard about the kidnapping of the Japenese girls, but had never heard about they're being allowed to come back to Japan to "visit".
Ya learn something every day!! Cool
genkiguy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some links about the kidnapping story,

The last one talks about N.Korea's explanation regarding the kidnapped Japanese that died while in North Korea..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/print/0,3858,4524983-104490,00.html

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/12/01/1038712828479.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/2510133.stm

http://www.spacewar.com/2003/030827111920.f5qibmgt.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2002/10/03/wkor03.xml

Last edited by genkiguy on Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
genkiguy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diana,
Corey mentioned to me that you posted somewhere about a cult opperating out of Korea,

was that cult called JMS / Providence Church / GACP (global association of culture and peace) formerly known as The Internaional Christian Association??
The leader is a guy named Jung Myong Seok, aka Joshua Jung
He claims to be the Messiah, don't they all???
He's wanted by the Interpol, theKorean and Hong Kong police,

Just curious if you have come across this group,
I'm teaching english in a town close to where the cult is based,
thanks,
Diana

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:34 am    Post subject: Thanks for the weblinks Reply with quote

Actually, it was Sharon who posted about the cult. Thanks for the weblinks. I will be reading them. Smile
genkiguy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks for the weblinks Reply with quote

Diana wrote:
Actually, it was Sharon who posted about the cult. Thanks for the weblinks. I will be reading them. Smile

Oh thats funny.....cause when I started writing about this cult I decided to use a female name, to further hide my identity. The cult I'm writing about has kidnapped former members, attacked reporters with bottles and rumours of a possible murder or two.
So I'm Sharon, or at least I was, I'm a guy again now.
Corey must have gotten Diana and Sharon mixed up and I thought you may have encountered the same cult!

And after writing that account of the group as Sharon, I realised a better way to raise awareness was to write about what happened to me, add some humour and cliffnhangers,
I posted this link in your Hate Sites and Propaganda thread, in case you missed it here it is again (I'm about to break the most views of a topic there, so I'm giving out the link everywhere!!)

http://www.pusanweb.com/forums/index.htm
Korea-realated Open Forum
Topic called: The Ultimate Male Fantasy (or all that glitters)

Those who have studied cults, The cult centered near my town is an offshoot of the Moonies cult aka The Unification Church led by Sun Myong Moon.
cheers!!
genkiguy aka sharon aka porridge4breaky
Diana

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:22 am    Post subject: Thanks for the weblinks Reply with quote

Thanks for the weblinks, Genkiguy. It was interesting to read them. I find it horrible that North Korea has purposely murdered those 8 kidnapped Japanese people. I admit I am not familiar with this cult in South Korea led by Sun Myong Moon. Instead, I have heard of the Japanese cult Aum shinrikyo. They hit the news when they used chemical weapons to kill innocent Japanese people many years ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: