Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you like to read ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hobbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knd1955

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Do you like to read ? Reply with quote

Reading a book or bible that's my hobbies . How about you ? Can you tell me ?
Fredw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don�t believe in God so I never read the bibble... but I like Da Vinci Code, The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Sherlok Holmes...
izalo

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you like to read ? Reply with quote

knd1955 wrote:

Well, I like to read the bible too. it is an interesting Book, and each day I learn something new, specially Isaiah 53, where you can ask God for health and life, this is the chapter for healing and it is a promise of God.

Besides I read Philosophical Books and Da vinci too, althought this last one doesnt' convince me at all, I think this man never met the real Jesuschrist and his ignorance took him to say stupid things agains God's son.

Remember, Leonardo Davinci was Gay, and his eyes and point of view were were frustrated because of his ignorance. I think He needed to investigate more, and prove his Hypothesis.
Winkydragonfly

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you like to read ? Reply with quote

knd1955 wrote:

of course!
reading can not only give us knowldege but also make us happy.
don't you think so? Wink
knd1955

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you like to read ? YOU'RE THE BEST READ BIBLE ! Reply with quote

izalo wrote:
knd1955 wrote:

Well, I like to read the bible too. it is an interesting Book, and each day I learn something new, specially Isaiah 53, where you can ask God for health and life, this is the chapter for healing and it is a promise of God.

Besides I read Philosophical Books and Da vinci too, althought this last one doesnt' convince me at all, I think this man never met the real Jesuschrist and his ignorance took him to say stupid things agains God's son.

Remember, Leonardo Davinci was Gay, and his eyes and point of view were were frustrated because of his ignorance. I think He needed to investigate more, and prove his Hypothesis.

i'M GLAD YOU KNOW GOD ! HE NEVER CHANGE . IS THAT RIGHT ?
Denisha

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: more books... Reply with quote

those are good but I like too read southamerican writers like Pablo Neruda, Juan Rulfo, Antonio Sk�rmeta and many others more 8) hee hee hee
Denisha

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Do you like to read ? YOU'RE THE BEST READ BIBLE ! Reply with quote

[quote="knd1955"][quote="izalo"][quote="knd1955"]Reading a book or bible that's my hobbies . How about you ? Can you tell me ?[/quote]

Remember, Leonardo Davinci was Gay, and his eyes and point of view were were frustrated because of his ignorance. I think He needed to investigate more, and prove his Hypothesis.[/quote]
i'M GLAD YOU KNOW GOD ! HE NEVER CHANGE . IS THAT RIGHT ?[/quote]

hey i�m sorry but i�m not agree with that, i think that al the history an d meaning about Jesuschrist and Da Vinci must be deeper than those things yuo�ve wrote.
mo0n

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi hi,

I really don't like to read Embarassed
But my teahers said I really had to.
So now I'm reading books, But still don't like it Razz

how about you? greetz Monique
lidochka

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: you to learn becuase you are free. Reply with quote

I think reading is cool, and is more interesting becouse you learn live...
Usually I help me when a dont' undertand the diferent stof.
yakko0415

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

Well,I like reading and it's one of the my hobbies.
I don't read Bible because I'm unchristian.
Now I'm reading "Crime and Punishment."
This book is really diffiacult.
However,I need to read because I'm lerning this in my college course.
What book do you read?
What story is written in that book?
Please tell me your fond books.

yakko Very Happy
macha0908

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone!!!!!
I don�t like reading books very much......
BUT I campaign against reading in my school.Therefore I challenge reading now.I read �Life of a woman�now.
itamafelgerman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakko0415 wrote:
Hello.

Well,I like reading and it's one of the my hobbies.
I don't read Bible because I'm unchristian.
Now I'm reading "Crime and Punishment."
This book is really diffiacult.
However,I need to read because I'm lerning this in my college course.
What book do you read?
What story is written in that book?
Please tell me your fond books.

yakko Very Happy

The last months I've read Australian books. I like many books but I think I want to tell you about the book' the men in genaral please her much' ( That's not the real title just the translation) from Veronique Ovald�. It's about a women who was in prison. She liked drigs a lot. And she retells her story about her Dad and about the friend of her neighbours who violates her and gives her drugs. A teacher helped her to get out of the prison but one day she meets the man and she started to take drugs one more time. At the end of the book the friend of the neighbours is dead and the woman can keep on living.
The language of the book is really good
yakko0415

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

Thank you for telling your reading book!
I may know "Life of a woman."
Is The authr of the book Maupassant?
If so,I read it half-way.

Then,sorry,I don't know ' the men in genaral please her much.'
But I could imagine what the book is well worth reading.
If I can get the book,I want to try to read it!!

yakko Very Happy
aevi82

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: Do you like to read ? Reply with quote

izalo wrote:
knd1955 wrote:

Hi.
Why are you so angry about Dan Broun? He is just a writer. He just gave an interesting imaginery story of JC's life. I make aware of this book may disturb or even insult people who believe in God. But, in my opinion, those people shouldn't just pay their attention on books like DaVinci code.
aevi82

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: Do you like to read ? Reply with quote

izalo wrote:
knd1955 wrote:

Hello, I like philosophy too. May I ask what philosophical books you red. Also it's very interesting for me what is your favourite philosopher and why?
For me the philosophy of the Renaissance is the most interesting. Also I like Gegel's ideas (I'm not sure that I spelled his name properly, sorry)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hobbies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: