Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What abuot italy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cari74

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: What abuot italy? Reply with quote

I'm an italian girl...I don't know if is only my sensation but I think that many powerfull countries consider Italy like a nice place with funny people but dishonest, frudolent and superficial.

Especially I think that Berlusconi don't like anyone (also to me!)

Isn't it?
What do you think about Italian people?
Who is, for you, the most famous italian person?
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who Berlusconi is, but in America, everyone loves italy Smile
It's known for kind and exciting people, and GREAT food. When I think of Italy, I think of pasta, and singing waiters Razz
ieltsinsider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: bella Italia! Reply with quote

Well Cari, I'm no expert on your country, but I think the 'dishonest and fraudulent' steroetype might come from the Mafia. To be honest, I'm afraid that the few Italians I've met have all been very superficial (I hope you are not!). As for Berlusconi, I don't have strong views either way. (He's the Italian leader, Flying Pig!) Generally, I think people think of Italy as an historic country with great food and terrible drivers. I like Italian films - Life is Beautiful (Flying Pig, you have to see it!) and The Tiger and the Snow are my favourites.
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: bella Italia! Reply with quote

ieltsinsider wrote:
(He's the Italian leader, Flying Pig!)

Well sorry! Gosh Smile
I told you I didn't know much politically.
But Italy=Good foooood Smile Mmmm

And I'll be sure to see that movie Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: