Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's really really really important,take a look at her pleas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azooz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: It's really really really important,take a look at her pleas Reply with quote

Aren't you ganna do the same what Hizbala doing now with Israel? I mean if there is another country attacking your countrey and you have gons and bobs and stuff like that, aren't you ganna do the same what Hizbala doing with Israel?
Think about it it's their country, they have to pertect their country.
If you want to say that Hizbala kills children from Israel, you have to look and pay attention to what Israel is doing to the children from Lebanon, not only in Lebanon in Palestain too. And who has started the war? Israel or Hizballa? It's Israel.
And look to what U.S.A has done in Iraq. All what U.S.A wanted is oil, and i can say that U.S.A was afrid of Sadam Husen to attak U.S.A
Waite about 3 or 5 or 10 years i don't know, what happened to Iraq, will happen to Ieran, why? because of the nuclear and oil (you know petrol)

Writ what ever you want

Bye~~~
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: It's really really really important,take a look at her p Reply with quote

Aren't you ganna do the same what Hizbala doing now with Israel? I mean if there is another country attacking your countrey and you have gons and bobs and stuff like that, aren't you ganna do the same what Hizbala doing with Israel? <<I understand what you are saying, but Hezbollah is doing more than just bombing to protect (if there IS such a thing), Hezbollah is harming innocent civilians, bombing schoolbuses, and attempting to wipe out an entire race. That is NOT what any sane country would do as a reply to a bombing.

Think about it it's their country, they have to pertect their country. <<Again, wiping out a race is much more than just protecting a country.

If you want to say that Hizbala kills children from Israel <<Yes, I do!

,you have to look and pay attention to what Israel is doing to the children from Lebanon, not only in Lebanon in Palestain too. <<Israel is NOT attempting to wipe out a Palestinian race. They only bomb in RESPONSE to other bombs, AND they always warn before they bomb, and they do not bomb innocent civilians if they can help it (hence the warnings). Israel's only in the game to be left alone.

And who has started the war? Israel or Hizballa? It's Israel. <<It's Hezbollah. Hezbollah has been ruthlessly bombing Israel for years, and it's only now that Israel has decided to act on it.

And look to what U.S.A has done in Iraq. <<That is a completely different issue. They're apples and oranges.

All what U.S.A wanted is oil, and i can say that U.S.A was afrid of Sadam Husen to attak U.S.A <<I (mostly) agree, but don't think I understand your point or how it relates to the issue at hand.

Waite about 3 or 5 or 10 years i don't know, what happened to Iraq, will happen to Ieran, why? because of the nuclear and oil (you know petrol)<< Again, what's your point? This doesn't relate to Israel at all...

Please reply, I'm eager to continue this discussion Smile
Azooz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: s Reply with quote

Iraq used to be a safe country, but after what U.S.A has done to it, it's compeletly diffrenet country ( imean Iraq) befor U.S.A started the war with Iraq, all countries didn't agree with U.S.A, but U.S.A didn't care and did what it does want ( imean usa).
wait 3 or 5 or 10 years....... I said that cause U.S.A supports Israel, and Iran said to U.S.A and Israel "if you did the same with Serya, i'll stard a war with you" ( with U.S.A ) as you know Iran has nuclear.

In Rome evry countries said" Israel has stop the war in Lebanon" but U.S.A said"no, the war will not be stopped" why?i'v no idea

Bay the way, where are you from fluing_pig319?
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an American Jew.

I am ashamed of what the US has done in Iraq (I hate our current administration, really really), but I still think it can't be compared with Israel, because we're not attempting to wipe out the Iraqi race (thank goodness).
Azooz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

America? I'v very nice friends from there. This is my email [email protected]
Please add me okay?
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azooz wrote:
America? I'v very nice friends from there. This is my email [email protected]
Please add me okay?

Ok, sure...
ltp-008

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the current Middle East conflict which is betwen Israel and Hazbolah,we should judge it through history,Hazbolah supported by Iran which is publicly claiming that Israel should be wipted out the world map is a Islamic extremist organization which wants to wipe out Israel,the current conflict was caused by Hazlbolah by attacking Israeli soliders in Israel territory and killing more than ten Israeli soliders and abductting two Islaeli solders.Just imagining ,what would your ocuntry do if this accident happened in your ocuntry?Doesn't Israel have the right to defend itself?Of course Israel has the right to take action for this accident.

But Iarael doesn't have the right to kill innocent people in Lebanon,we should reprimand Israel for what she has killed many innocent people during the conflict even though she informed the civilians to leave its attacking area at the first place.Hazbolah should be responsible for the war,not only does it defy the Mideast peace ,but also it challenge the authority of Lebanon government,it should be disarmed.

About Iraq,I don't want to say more,but I just point out that the wrold without Saddan is better off,history will prove that the United States contribute a great sacrifice to the world's progress and democracy.The civilized world will finally thank for what the States has done .
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltp-008 wrote:
About the current Middle East conflict which is betwen Israel and Hazbolah,we should judge it through history,Hazbolah supported by Iran which is publicly claiming that Israel should be wipted out the world map is a Islamic extremist organization which wants to wipe out Israel,the current conflict was caused by Hazlbolah by attacking Israeli soliders in Israel territory and killing more than ten Israeli soliders and abductting two Islaeli solders.Just imagining ,what would your ocuntry do if this accident happened in your ocuntry?Doesn't Israel have the right to defend itself?Of course Israel has the right to take action for this accident.

Wow, that explanation was perfect, ltp!
He's exactly right.
If Canada had been attacking the US for a couple years, you're darn right we'd go in and attack them right back!
I'm not saying it's the right think to do (I'm a pacifist), but it's crazy that the world is calling Israel a bully for this attack.
The problem is, the world is so used to Israel just sitting there doing nothing, that when they finally attack, it seems totally unusual and cruel.

ltp-008 wrote:
But Iarael doesn't have the right to kill innocent people in Lebanon,we should reprimand Israel for what she has killed many innocent people during the conflict even though she informed the civilians to leave its attacking area at the first place.Hazbolah should be responsible for the war,not only does it defy the Mideast peace ,but also it challenge the authority of Lebanon government,it should be disarmed.

Hezbollah should've been disarmed a loong time ago Smile
And you're right-- NO country should have the right to kill innocent people, and I wish Israel wouldn't do it (but again, does she have a choice? What do you suggest she does, just let the bombs keep coming?)
Bob S.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flying_pig319 wrote:
If Canada had been attacking the US for a couple years, you're darn right we'd go in and attack them right back!
In a nutshell, that's the whole premise of the War of 1812. At the time, the British were impressing (read: kidnapping) American sailors (some of whom may have been former British subjects who immigrated to the U.S.) and forcing them to work for the British navy. The war lasted about 2 years, during which British forces from Canada sacked and burned the new capital city of Washington D.C., and the U.S. tried and failed to capture Canada. But in the end, the U.S. had enough naval victories to force the U.K. to retreat, stop interdicting U.S. ships, and respect U.S. sovereignty.

And a reverse situaiton of sorts occured in 1866 when the U.S. military briefly allowed British forces for enter the U.S. to attack "Irish Republican Army" Fenian Raiders who had been attacking British interests in Canada from U.S. territory.
ltp-008

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flying_pig319 wrote:

Quote:
NO country should have the right to kill innocent people, and I wish Israel wouldn't do it (but again, does she have a choice? What do you suggest she does, just let the bombs keep coming?)

This is the nature of war in which many innocent people were killed during most wars or conflicts,it is unavoidabel to kill and wound civilians during war and conflicts,during WWI and WWT,how many innecent civilians were killed and wounded ?perhaps tens of millions of innocent people were killed and wounded.

Because Hazhabolah provoked the conflict,Israel doesn't have the choice but launch the war against Hazhabolah,the government of Labanon doesn't have the power to control Hazhabolah,Israel has to take action against Hazhabolah itself,during Israeli campaign agaist Hazhabolah,many innocent people were killed and wounded,we can't justify the killing innocent people,so Israel has the right to defend itself,but killing and wounding innocent civilians should always be reprimanded.This is just my point of view.
ieltsinsider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: informative comments Reply with quote

Bob S - U certainly know your history! Thanks for posting.

ltp-008 - I agree with you.

I think that the most (possibly 'only'?) constructive thing the Americans have done is offer to finance the rebuilding of the Lebanese army. Obviously, the Lebanese need to be able to take control of the whole of their territory and having a well-trained and well-equipped army would help a lot.

There needs to be a lot of international pressure on Syria and Iran to stop financing terrorists. This is not something that can be done in a few weeks, but if China and Russia (with their Security Council vetoes) can be convinced, there is hope.

And please, Israelis, vote for a more moderate government next time. Time to get that peace process moving.
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltp-008 wrote:

Because Hazhabolah provoked the conflict,Israel doesn't have the choice but launch the war against Hazhabolah,the government of Labanon doesn't have the power to control Hazhabolah,Israel has to take action against Hazhabolah itself,during Israeli campaign agaist Hazhabolah,many innocent people were killed and wounded,we can't justify the killing innocent people,so Israel has the right to defend itself,but killing and wounding innocent civilians should always be reprimanded.This is just my point of view.

This paragraph is exactly right, I agree completely.

And Bob S:
So much great info- thanks for posting!
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: informative comments Reply with quote

ieltsinsider wrote:
And please, Israelis, vote for a more moderate government next time. Time to get that peace process moving.

Oh, don't I know it! (Not that I'm Israeli).
This is the possibly the one issue when I'm not a radical lefty "let's just have peace" voter.
suno0ono

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: informative comments Reply with quote

ltp-008 wrote:

This is the nature of war in which many innocent people were killed during most wars or conflicts,it is unavoidabel to kill and wound civilians during war and conflicts,during WWI and WWT,how many innecent civilians were killed and wounded ?perhaps tens of millions of innocent people were killed and wounded

I agree with you. However, they can reduce the sacrifices by not attacking the place where the enemy is not there, can't they?

flying_pig319 wrote:

Hezbollah should've been disarmed a loong time ago

Logically�I don't think if you are near something that wants to spread from the Dejla River to the Nile River, you will be disarmed or no ready. However, the Lebanon army has to be there instead of Hezbollah.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow fp you are Jew???
My friends always say I should become Jew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: