Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

why boy ??? why not a girl.. !! may be better...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Family
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k.m.m

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: why boy ??? why not a girl.. !! may be better... Reply with quote

When I married quite long time ago Very Happy !!! " not very long "my wife and I think to have babes ...boy or girl ...girl or boy..
My first one was a girl. and the second one also a girl ..Then a boy , .. , ....my wife was waiting for a boy ....the tow beautiful 2 girls are felling the house with love and happiness.....but still waited for that boy why? ...

Do you feel the same and why....?

I know many good families have only girls and they are better than the boys, good in house and good in school�...

A friend of mine has 4 boyes ..they are dieing to have a littile girl....He is saying boyes are too much harsh ... Smile

May be because in eastern culture it makes different...

May be because the boy will carry out the name of the family....
donnya

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got married some 10 years back and have one little girl(5) and a little boy(4)... we think tha twe are lucky to have both girl and boy at the same time. not that i wanted only girls or boys. but there is a balance in the family and i love the way my kids get along fine, no bullying. they are complices in anythign they do.
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I know lots of families that are hoping for at least 1 of each, just for variety Smile
I've heard that girls are easier, too, but I think most people don't want all of one gender.
k.m.m

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donnya wrote:
i got married some 10 years back and have one little girl(5) and a little boy(4)... we think tha twe are lucky to have both girl and boy at the same time. not that i wanted only girls or boys. but there is a balance in the family and i love the way my kids get along fine, no bullying. they are complices in anythign they do.

yes, balance is good in the family ...but sometimes it is out of control ... Smile
k.m.m

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flying_pig319 wrote:
Yeah. I know lots of families that are hoping for at least 1 of each, just for variety Smile
I've heard that girls are easier, too, but I think most people don't want all of one gender.

I think so , Girls are not easier than boys , but most of them more kindness than boys.
my father all the time said " when your boy grow consider him a friend not only a son".
BourneNOIR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k.m.m wrote:
I think so , Girls are not easier than boys , but most of them more kindness than boys.
my father all the time said " when your boy grow consider him a friend not only a son".

Your father is a wise man. You'll gain more respect if you treat a son more like a friend.
The Chinese character for "good" (好) composes of a "girl" (女) on the left and "son" (子) on the right. So like some people here, one of each is a good number. It is also said that having daughter first is better since the older sister can take care of the younger brother when the mother is busy.
I'm single right now, but when I get married I'll be happy with any combination I get. I believe it's more important about how to raise a child in today's complicated world.
k.m.m

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your father is a wise man. You'll gain more respect if you treat a son more like a friend.
The Chinese character for "good" (好) composes of a "girl" (女) on the left and "son" (子) on the right. So like some people here, one of each is a good number. It is also said that having daughter first is better since the older sister can take care of the younger brother when the mother is busy.
I'm single right now, but when I get married I'll be happy with any combination I get. I believe it's more important about how to raise a child in today's complicated world.[/quote]

BourneNOIR:Good luck ...

It is true , good to have a girl in the beginning specially for the mother to help , clean and to be the big sister . but the son doesn't wont orders from his sister even she is older than him ,,,"" don't give me orders, will you ..!!"" haaahhhaa...I am living with this manner..
BourneNOIR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k.m.m wrote:
BourneNOIR:Good luck ...

It is true , good to have a girl in the beginning specially for the mother to help , clean and to be the big sister . but the son doesn't wont orders from his sister even she is older than him ,,,"" don't give me orders, will you ..!!"" haaahhhaa...I am living with this manner..

Haha, I understand. Children were much simple and na�ve a long time ago and were more obedient to elder siblings... but now, they're smarter and demand more dignity and self-respect and will not take orders easily unless there's "what's in it for me?" haha.
ontheway

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeHe I am so interested in this topic,though i am a boy not married in china. My desire is to have two babies in each gender ,but u see ,its so difficult for the sigle child policy. Crying or Very sad If I have to choose , I would choose a boy.because I think it could bring me more happiness. Very Happy
k.m.m

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ontheway wrote:
HeHe I am so interested in this topic,though i am a boy not married in china. My desire is to have two babies in each gender ,but u see ,its so difficult for the sigle child policy. Crying or Very sad If I have to choose , I would choose a boy.because I think it could bring me more happiness. Very Happy

Good luck..ontheway, but keep in mind that the girl will be more sweet when she is the only one ..Is the child policy to reduce the population control in China ?
Bob S.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ontheway wrote:
If I have to choose , I would choose a boy.because I think it could bring me more happiness. Very Happy
Not at all. A daughter, after she gets married and has her own children, will still come visit you in your old age. But a son will become busy with his new wife, his new responsibilities, his new job, and so on.

There is a saying:
A son is a son till he finds a wife,
But a daughter is a daughter all of her life.
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not at all. A daughter, after she gets married and has her own children, will still come visit you in your old age. But a son will become busy with his new wife, his new responsibilities, his new job, and so on.

There is a saying:

This is very true in my part of the world, Bob. However, I'm surprised that you have similar equations in the West. Essential human nature interfaces cultures.
k.m.m

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob S. wrote:
ontheway wrote:
If I have to choose , I would choose a boy.because I think it could bring me more happiness. Very Happy

There is a saying:

Bob S. : 100% AGREE ..

It is true the daughter and her kids they all the time come and visit.....They make the house full of happiness..,
But why they say:
Son of your son is yours.....and son of your daughter not yours..!

K.M.M
ontheway

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To K.m.m
yes, one child policy is to control the population of china which is too large now. 30 years later,the population could come to reduce.Life in china could be more comfortable.
k.m.m

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ontheway wrote:
To K.m.m
yes, one child policy is to control the population of china which is too large now. 30 years later,the population could come to reduce.Life in china could be more comfortable.

Thank you ontheway for this information..

we should also take this step in Saudi Arabia due to the shortage of water and limeted of oil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Family All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: