Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TOIEC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> TOEFL and Other English Exams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isreading

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: TOIEC Reply with quote

What should I do to study for the TOIEC?

Thank you.

Satomi

Rolling Eyes
akemy77

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: TOIEC Reply with quote

I done the TOEIC test last sunday!! Rolling Eyes It was change! I think it would be more difficult, especially lestening test! Crying or Very sad I couldn't do my best... Confused
,but I never give up!!!!!! I'll study hard and get high score Very Happy Fight!! Wink
queenari

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: me too Reply with quote

Toeic test form was change.
so we have to more harder than ever.
Toeic is so difficult exam but I think we have dilligent we'll get high score as soon as quickly.
Let's get high score for our dream!
orie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: ToEIC Reply with quote

How do you do??I'm just a student and have never taken the TOEIC test.
But after the-beginning-of-term guidanse,I took the practice exam of TOEIC.I got more than 500points.
I wold like to improve this my score to 600points!!
Some of you have plan to take EI-KEN(English Examination)??
If you so,I heard just study with TOEIC text books, you can pass the EI-KEN.
Let's study together right now!!!!
minmi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: TOIEC Reply with quote

Hi,I'm Miwako Very Happy
I'll take the TOEIC test next month!!!!!
But I haven't studied for it yet.
So.....I'm in trouble.
But,I'll do my best from now on. Shocked
keori

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: TOEIC Reply with quote

Hello, all! My name is Kaori.
I have also taken TOEIC before.
I took it almost two years ago, so I don't know about changing the test well. So I can just tell you about my impression for the test.
My impression was that listening and grammar was not difficult but reading was difficult. There were a lot of reading questions and it was kinda hard to answer all questions before time was out. Also, TOEIC is for business English. There are many business vocab. It was hard to read and understand these technical and business words for me because I just studied English for TOEFL. It was totally different!! So I think it is good idea to buy thre textbook for TOEIC reading and prepare for the test. Also, I think training read text fast is good for time consuming problem. For vocab, I think reading English papers is effective but just buying the vocabulary textbook for TOEIC is also fine.
I believe it is so much work to do but good luck!!
sally0331

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gi Very Happy
My mane is SALLY Laughing
I wilhave a TOEIC test Razz
So I am nervous Sad
I will do my best Exclamation
sayu0816

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Hi☆ Reply with quote

I think you should practice your disadvantages Very Happy Very Happy

So if you are not good at listening, you ought to listeing especially Wink Razz
Aozora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

My name is Aozora Smile

I will have a TOEIC test on 2 weeks later.
I'm very nervous now, because this is my first challenge Confused

How was your first challenge?
Would you give me some advices?
TennesseeTech

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: TOEIC accepted for admission Reply with quote

Do many students take the TOEIC to apply to a university?

My university accepts the TOEIC for admission.

Interested in students experiences with TOEIC.

Email me at [email protected]

How about the EIKEN Steps exam, is it harder or easier than TOEIC?

CJ, International Admissions
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kisaki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: study TOEIC Reply with quote

Hello, Are you study for TOEIC??
Actually, I will take TOEIC this Sunday it is my 4th times.
but I didn't study at all these days cuz I was so busy.
so I'm really worry about that.

Last time when I took it, I got good score like 885.
but at that time I studied more than now, and that was right after I came back to Japan from study abroad.

When I study TOEIC, I study grammer section mainly. cuz that is my weak section. I'm good at Listening actually, but I can't get good score at Grammer questions. I sure that is my issue. so I think you should find your weak point and strength point. if so, you could know what should you study first. and, time is really important for TOEIC. I didn't have enough time to answer all of the questions when I took it first time. but when I'm getting used to do it, I could finish them in time. so you should be used to do it with limited time too.

TOEIC is not very difficult compared with TOFEL or IELT. but we just need to practice a lot. I think I can't study enough for this time, but I will study hard for the next time.

Cheer up!!!
Yumi a.k.a. C.R.E.A.M

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: TOEIC Reply with quote

hello there!
i took the Toiec test like 5 years ago and i havent taken it since then but i heard that the listening section changed alot. like, they included Indian- English & Austrailian- English and stuff like that but other than the problems with pronounciation, all the sections have a key. there are a few keys to choosing the right answer! its easy once you get to know them. you dont really have to think! Smile
for the long sentence questions, i think you shouldnt read into the article too much. just kinda browse thru it. its less complicated that way. if you read it tooo hard u might end up with no time. even i fineshed right in time...! so really, dont take too much time on reading!! u should practice reading fast!
well good luck with everything! i got 917 points the first time i took it but that was 5 years ago so i have to take it again..! wish me luck!
bye!
english fluency

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: the difference between skimming (browsing) and scanning Reply with quote

Yumi, I couldn't agree with you more about taking examination especially reading section. However, when you remarked about "just browsing the reaing section", the test takers have a specific task and the same goes for skimming. See below the specific task.

It is wonderful of you to pass on useful tips onto others. Great job. I hope excel on the next test.

Sometimes skimming is confused with scanning. Although scanning also involves reading quickly, the objective is different � to look for specific information.
While scanning, you may not read the whole text and will most likely stop reading as soon as you locate what you are looking for in the text. On the other hand, while skimming, you will probably read quickly all the way through to the end to gather all the main ideas.
ned360

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Test your TOEFL and TOEIC skills for free Reply with quote

Hello,

If you want to practice your TOEIC or TOEFL skills for free, you can do our mini-tests. We have questions designed to follow all the current question types and use different accents in the listening section. You can practice speakingand writing in the mini TOEFL tests. Each test takes about 30 minutes to do.

And if your score is high, you could win a new iPod shuffle!

You can take the tests here:
http://challenge.testden.com

Good luck!
TD Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to Anna in China who is the TestDEN Challenge iPod winner in May. Here is what she had to say about her prize:

Quote:
Currently I'm a postgraduate student at Xiamen University in China, and will have defense of my thesis in couple of weeks. At the mean time I work part time as translator of Chinese, English and Russian, and a model at one modeling agency.

Visit TestDEN Challenge to find out your TOEIC score in 30 minutes, compete against students around the world, and win an iPod!
http://challenge.testden.com

TestDEN Team
Online TOEIC Training since 1998
http://www.testden.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> TOEFL and Other English Exams All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: