Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHAT WILL THE WORLD BE IN 2020
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
estheremm

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: WHAT WILL THE WORLD BE IN 2020 Reply with quote

EVERYONE KNOWLEGE IS THAT THE WORLD IN 2020 WILL BE TOTALY DIFFERENT. LOOKIGN AT IT LIKE TOMORROW Cool FOR ME I THINK IT WILL BE THESAME THE ONLY THING THAT WILL CHANGE WILL BE THE CARS BUT THE PEOPLE WILL NOT. WHAT IS YOUR OPINION???
RedRose

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be very crowded for a huge population.
ltp-008

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will the world be in 2020?

I think no one is for sure exactly what will the world be during the next fifteen years,but one thing is certain that the world 's polulation will dramatically increases especially in Africa and Asia.

Another thing may happen is that gasoline price will rocket if we don't find other energy substitutes.

Some dictatorship countries 'regimes may bocome democratic countries.

Global warming may cause dramatical climate changes which can greatly impact our lives.

Due to not deal well the nuclear issues of North Korea and Iran,maybe the world will suffer nuclear war,this is a very serious problem which the world will face with.

Hong kong may get the right of universal suffrage and people in Hongkong can elect their leader directly.

Some countries in Africa may have serous famine due to drought ,the world will appeal to some Africa countries to carry out the family plan to control their population .
ALEX_AM

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: ROBOTECH Reply with quote

THE FUTURE WILL BE

....................ROBOTECH.....................
yingxionglover123

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeth, it's a serious question that dramatically stimulate our imagination. god knows what the future will be. we live in a confusing society crowed with empty people. drugs, crimes and sexual activities, etc. who dare to hold a picture of future? i doubt. mightbe, 20years later, the population will surprisingly decrease due to war. who knows.
aevi82

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with estheremm: people won't change. They never do.
worldclass

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 14 years left until 2020 is not really a long time.

For those of you old enough to remember, think back to what your life was like in 1992 (14 years ago). Not a lot has changed in terms of lifestyle in western countries (just technology improvements). I guess a lot has changed in some developing countries though.

But I think the next 14 years to 2020 will be more dramatic with energy issues (oil and gas related conflict) if we can't dramatically switch to alternatives by then, the rise of China, terrorism and environmental problems.

Demographic problems come fron some country's populations growing to fast and some (Europe and Japan) growing to slow.

Steve
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be crowded, starving, and very, very hot.
I don't think it'll be a good time for the people of Earth. Not at all.

Has anyone seen An Inconvenient Truth?
You should.
menga

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be better than now. We'll get rid of our problems. Especially it won't happen any war after 2015. Because new generation is more peaceful than old generation. I hope that 10 years later whole old generation will die.
Delia Gao

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think it will be better than now.
I agree.But I don't think that we can get rid of our problems in 2020.Although old problems have been solved,new problems will be appear.And I don't think that the wars will be disappear after 2015.
Quote:
new generation is more peaceful than old generation
right,but not all... Sad WAR will happen in the future...still...
Quote:
I hope that 10 years later whole old generation will die.
It's too hard,not all of the old generation loves wars,most of them are peaceful.I believe.
Although there will be still many problems in the future,we must have confidence and believe that the future world will be better than now.It is our responsibility to build a peaceful and beautiful world. Wink
Outofin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the world would be much different. But in term of technologies? New software, new cars? Oh geez, can't wait to see the future! Very Happy
fionalin7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just hope it will still be peacefull....

"A life lived in fear is a life half lived"
ad-miral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USA could have successfully eradicated the muslim countries and it may look at Vietnam again.
RedRose

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with global warming, by 2020, we will be able to walk around naked
KHF

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is a barren, lifeless world. Smog looms over the landscape, rendering a foggy and dusty look over what was once great human cities. Forests of abandoned buildings and ruins stand silently as a testament to the disaster that has destroyed civilizations. Dangerous radiation cuts through what little survived, leaving them with a painful, writhing death. Black, viscid water replaces the substance that originally gave life, murdering whoever that dares to take a sip.

Thermonuclear war, anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: