Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you like the President USA?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob S.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
Seems that Truman, Eisenhower and Kennedy are the ones who made war with Vietnam.
Truman finished WWII and was at the beginning of the Korean War. Eisenhower finished the Korean War. Kennedy was at the beginning of the Vietnam War. Johnson made it worse, and Nixon finished it. Reagan was, what, Panama and Grenada?
akiyakiko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loulou79 wrote:
i hate all the presidents of the world
what have they done
launching wars and taking our money
how come they and their families, relatives friends misteresses get rich once they become presidents Rolling Eyes

Well, i like my our country's (Malaysia) prime minister who already retired.
He is the best Leader i have seen not because of he is from our country.
When the whole world is facing financial bad season, he emphasise that our country wont borrow money from other country or the world bank. (as you know,after that our country will controlled by others).
He suggest people to stay inside the country and limited the money people who bring out from the country.

Yup, me too. I feel unfair that why they do nothing for the society welfare but the income tax from people go for their luxuries life Evil or Very Mad
I wonder why we don;t have any parties that own powered enough to criticize the things they done.
Or people already used to that.... Sad
ieltsinsider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: answers Reply with quote

Well, posters, you've had a few days to find the answers. The answer to both questions is George W. Bush.
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 questions Reply with quote

ieltsinsider wrote:
Question 1 - Which US President had the highest ratings in the opinion polls ever?
Question 2 - Which post-WW2 US President had an approval rating of over 60% for 16 months?

ieltsinsider wrote:
Well, posters, you've had a few days to find the answers. The answer to both questions is George W. Bush.

Probably right after 9/11 right.

It didn't take him long to squander all the political capital gained from 9/11, and that which he imagined he gained in the 2004 election.

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
ieltsinsider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: true Reply with quote

Absolutely, but it does go to show how fickle people are.
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: true Reply with quote

ieltsinsider wrote:
Absolutely, but it does go to show how fickle people are.

Actually, it goes to show how consistent George Bush is in making bad decisions.

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
stefan111

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a good man ,absolutely
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: