Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Japanese character

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nakano

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject: The Japanese character Reply with quote

Hello!! I�m Japanese. I would like to tell about the Japanese characters.
There are three kinds of characters in Japan - �hiragana�, �katakana� and �kanji� (Chinese character). There are 50 letters in �hiragana� and �katakana�. There are so many letters in �kanji�. Maybe almost Japanese people don�t know the number of �kanji�. �Hiragana" and �katakana� were created based on Chinese character about one thousand years ago. �Kanji� came from ancient China.
I would like to know about your country�s characters! Please tell me!!
man660316

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Nakano san,

My name is Christine from Taiwan. You're topic is really interesting to us since I write �kanji� you called every day. I don't know how much Chinese word do we have, too. Sometimes, we also forget how to write the word we would like to use.

I am studying Japanese now and I think Japanese is really difficult to me, not the words but the grammar. I learned the Japanese from our Japanese teachere, it's so cute. I plan to visit Japan within this year and I hope I could get more Japanese culture from you. Thank you in advance.
mandrake1981

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, u guys
i`m chinese, the topic u talk about is japanese characters. u didn`t, howerer, say anything about the exact things of “hiragana”, “katakana” or “kanji” , how could it be ? which is ur favorable ? could u tell us that?
in this world, chinese often appears in so many countries, especially in euro, america,and japan, etc... one thing i wanna say is china is a huge country with 14 billion people or more, and some of them lived in foreign countries, therefore, it`s bound to take some culture of china into the country they live.
one last thing the major character of chinese is modest, which is opposite to american and european
danbloom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: danbloom Reply with quote

danbloom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have written a new global book for a world audience in 25 languages, and it has already been published in Taiwan by Life Potential Publications (October 2003). I am very interested in knowing if you think KOREAN readers would like this kind of book. And can you help me translate it into Korean from English or Chinese? Thanks.

You can read about it in Chinese at www.tgblife.com.tw and in ENglish at http://www.taiwanho.com/people/dan/index3.htm

If anybody around the world would like to help me bring this book, these two new books, into Korean and Japanese and other languages, please contact me at: [email protected]

It is a book for adults, ages 15-45, global readership. If anyone would like a free copy, mailed by airmail, email me. I planned this as a 25-country book, global readership, reaching out around the world. The current book is in an ENGLISH/cHINESE bilingual format. Other editions elsewhere will be ENglish/YourLanguage format
LucentShade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm studying Japanese as a "side project" these days, and I've been practicing with hiragana and katakana. At this point, I can read most things written in hiragana. Of course, I usually have no idea what they mean, since I don't know the vocabulary, but I can still translitterate them into the "r�maji" that I'm typing in now.
rivervalley

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: Hi Danbloom Reply with quote

Hi Danbloom,

Why you put the same message once and once? Remember one is gold, two is silver and three is garbage. This is not trash can. We need clean air.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Culture All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: