Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you think about North Korea?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jinyu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: How do you think about North Korea? Reply with quote

How do you think about North Korea? You know, recently they fired seven missiles to the Sea of Japan. I can�t talk big about that, but what do they want to do? They said firing missiles was a part of maneuvers. Does North Korea hope the world peace?? If they do so, they can�t do this. Japan has supported them, too, so this is not amicable. I think Japan mustn�t support them any more and countries should put great pressure on North Korea, but shouldn�t war, should talk and I want them to understand that world is not only theirs.
asterix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people are starving, the economy is in ruins, the Dear Leader is trying to deflect criticism of his vanity and incompetence by trying to create an enemy, from outside.
ltp-008

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

North Korea recently launched about 10 missiles into the sea of Japan,most missiles which they launched were short range that could reach to most Japanese cities,one long-range missile which failed could reach western cities of the United States.The international community doesn't know what exact intention the North Korea has,but the North korea officially said the launches were their routine military drills,but according to international costom,if one coutry launches missiles ,they are prior to tell the world what they are doing and in what location the missiles will target.So what the North Korea is doing is unreasonable.

North Korean is a communist country which their "dear leader"has supreme power ,he controls his country like as a king.In North Korea,the communist part controls everything such as food ,media and so on.They spend one-third of their GDP on military build-up,their ordinary people suffer extreme poverty while a small communist elite enjoy relative luxury lives.

Why do they launch these missile?Some analysts said that the North Korea wants to get attention from international community,their "dear leader"wants to show the world that they have some military strength.In fact they don't have much military strength,they just brag themselves.

North Korea is a dictatorship regime,its regime under the leadership of their "dear leader" has put their people into desperated and impoverished situation,in some days their people will overturn this tyranny regime,their "dear leader will be prosecuted ,and North Korea people will be freed.
Daniel Wong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't understand what the world DPRK wants from the international society. The Six-Party Talkes have been held for many turns. Leaders from different countries have negotiated genuinely for many times. But North Korea seems to prefer holding on to itself. What a stubborn nation! Only if their so-called dear leaders could spare some effort on improving its economy and the quality of life of their people, North Korea will eventually find its position in the international society.
As a country, you should serve the people, "Dear leaders"!
God bless this poor and stubborn country!
060fe323

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!! I am college student in Japan. I think that Japan is too easy with North Korea. There are two reasons why I think so.
First, North Korea fired seven missiles for own reason. Some missiles were enough to reach to Japan. It�s very dangerous thing. Moreover, Some missiles were enough to reach to USA!! It�s very dangerous for so many people. Japan take measures against North Korea after missiles fired. However I think Japan should take more strict measures before missiles fired. And North Korea should have done another way for them. Now I think they make an enemy of many people.
Next, still now, North Korea hides truth about abduction. Japanese abduction victim suffer from many things. North Korea should think about abduction victim. I want Japanese and North Korean government find out the best solution.
yan0515

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opnion,Japan absolutely must not revenge!!!!!

If Japan revenge them , their acction will be continued forever!!

I think this solution is only conversation!!

Do not take violence!!
hiromi0117

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that problem is serious. Sad
If japanese government practice, North Koria may start a war...
North Koria is thinking of push of America and China.
So i think Japanese fovernment should be act carefully Confused
asterix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dear leader is like a spoiled child stamping his foot in the supermarket and screaming in a loud voice for candy.
It is human nature to want to see the child dealt with firmly, but usually everybody ignores it and allows the parent to deal with it.
The parent in this case is, or ought to be, China.
ieltsinsider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: ignore the idiot Reply with quote

Japan and the US should just ignore Kim Jong Il. They should also refuse to give him any more aid at all (yes, the US and Japan are the third and fourth biggest suppliers of aid to the DPRK!).
coffeemilk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Sea of Japan < fault

East Sea < right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jarczis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think that korea want to begin war..They are not such stupid.Now in the world reign BUsh nos stalin so fight will not give anything precious to this country.
ieltsinsider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: DPRK doesn't want war Reply with quote

Jarczis - You're probably right - Kim doesn't want a war. Then again, with that guy, you never know for sure!
BourneNOIR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: DPRK doesn't want war Reply with quote

ieltsinsider wrote:
Jarczis - You're probably right - Kim doesn't want a war. Then again, with that guy, you never know for sure!

Well, he does have his eyes on South Korea... and yeah, that guy's probably like an unpredictable timebomb. Unless he likes to play with extremely expensive firework, the missiles make people wonder about his intentions behind those closed doors.
ieltsinsider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: secrecy Reply with quote

One of the lessons of the Cold War was that too much secrecy tends to leads to instability. Pity China and the DPRK haven't learnt that lesson.
donkey parade N

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: I think... Reply with quote

I really surprised at the news;North Korea fired some missile.
I don't know what their real intention is. Why leaders of north Korea take a hard line? What price isolatipon?? It is certain that people on the earth don't want to start war.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: