Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two Cities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Two Cities Reply with quote

Auckland and Paris

At the moment I live in Auckland, but I have spent a year in Paris. The two cities are very different. Auckland is a relatively new city, while Paris has a long and interesting history.

The weather in Auckland is very changeable because it is by the sea. It is quite pleasant because the summer is not too hot and the winter not too cold. Paris on the other hand is much hotter in summer and colder in winter.

The two cities are both located in the north, although Auckland is surrounded by the sea and Paris by land. They are both large cities, although Paris is a lot bigger than Auckland. The population of Auckland City is less than half a million, but Paris has about 2.15 million people living in the central city area. French is the language spoken by most people in Paris, although there are a lot of immigrants who speak many other languages as well. Auckland�s main language is English.

In Auckland there are lots of activities that you can do, and many of them are water sports. Some popular places to visit are the Sky Tower and Mission Bay. In Paris there are lots of famous places to visit, museums and art galleries. The Sacr� Coeur, the Louvre and the Notre Dame are just three places to see. The thing that I like most about Auckland is that it is near the sea. However, I don�t really like the weather, and the wind can be really cold sometimes. What I like most about Paris are the gardens and parks but I don�t like the crowds of tourists who go there in summer!

Has anyone ever been to these cities? What do you think about them? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: