Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you think about American people?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrueWarrior

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys!
I've just been to America and I was totally surprised: The Americans are open-minded and friendly!
But in television we often get a wrong impression of Americans because of Bush, Rice & Co.
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueWarrior wrote:
Hey guys!
I've just been to America and I was totally surprised: The Americans are open-minded and friendly!
But in television we often get a wrong impression of Americans because of Bush, Rice & Co.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
We should never judge a country by it's leader.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, absolutely!
flying_pig is an example. (I always have to laugh when thinking about a flying pig)
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
Yes, absolutely!
flying_pig is an example. (I always have to laugh when thinking about a flying pig)

Thanks, man.
Being told one is NOT being the stereotypical American is quite the compliment.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey come on don't thank me I even have such pictures in my mind when thinking about you
for this you should hate me

flying_pig319

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
hey come on don't thank me I even have such pictures in my mind when thinking about you
for this you should hate me

What are you talking about?
That picture is sooo cute!!
Wink
RedRose

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a few American friends, they are funny, generous, and intelligent!!

When I talk about American people, all my impressions about American people are positive and nice. I like them.
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose wrote:
I know a few American friends, they are funny, generous, and intelligent!!

When I talk about American people, all my impressions about American people are positive and nice. I like them.

Hooray!
umimami

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: American people Reply with quote

I think American people have freedom spirit. American people sometimes have two jobs. In Japan, it has not so good image to do double works. Although America, double work is more common. They can change their job more easily, and they can go to their dreams, in my image. I also think many American people have a Christian culture. I have been to America and I felt American people are kind!! They are friendly and say �Hi!� with smiling. They help people who need help even if he or she doesn�t know the person. I felt they are good people.
gudfellow2006

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: How I feel about American people Reply with quote

Considering about Americans, I believe they were overdoing in several sections. Israel-Palestine war, Iraq war are some nasty things they already did and still doing. Recently they are having problems with Iran too. So I think, American leaders, especially president doesn�t have a long run plan.� President Bush� ,trying to stop the war by using a war. I Don`t think weapons can stop a war. They need to talk with terrorists, because terrorists are humans .Of course Americans have power, money. But none of them are greater than humanity.
I don�t want to criticize Americans all the time. They were quite helpful people. They contribute lot of money to poor countries and they play main role in UN too. They work hard to find new technology for human beings. Recently American government stated a new Scholarship program for foreign students too. So that means them doing something for the world.
So in my opinion, we have to distinguish Americans Good and Bad qualities carefully.
ayume

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: My opinion! Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Japanese girl! Razz
I lived in America 5 months and I like American people!

When I was in America,most of them treat me like a Family,
There is few people who have racial prejudice like every country have such parson, Shocked
but I think American culture is malting pot, so they don�t care so much about people�s race.
I�m sure they treat us as same as American even we are foreigners,
and they will be good friends!
I have a great memory of when I was in America, thanks for my precious American friends.

And I�m sure when you�ll visit or live in America, you can have great memory too.

Thank you for reading my opinion. Wink
yui hatanaka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I think American people have a definite answer. It means They are a man with strong will. So, they can say Yes or No clearly. Japanese people often describe matter obscurely. It makes someone annoyed. Japanese people should imitate them. I also think American people are humorous and friendly. I have class of English conversation at university. Of course, teacher is native speaker. He is very interesting! Always he makes student laugh. There are hard time my English not to be understood sometimes but I don�t think I hate it . Rather, I think I want to study English and talk to him more.  
betta

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: About Americans Reply with quote

Well, I think normal Americans are so friendly and active. I have been to America for about 5 months and I felt real American characteristics. I like them pretty much. Also their leader ship! I am a Japanese student and many of Japanese do not have good leadership but some of them have. Therefore, many of their businesses are successful. If I have a chance, I would like to have a job in the U.S. in the future. However, politically I am not keen on agreeing with Bush. A lot of innocent Iraqi people were killed. In my opinion, this is not intelligent things to do. Probably, if their political leader is changed and get better politics, I could say that I love Americans.
cb0124567

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my opinion, the American people will be a good people I think.
But I want to say to their leader and people who stand by him, �Please consider once more�.
Our country�s news often doesn�t tell us about the leader of America well.
I wish that American feels that Bush was a person who is an example to young people of what they should not be.
I wish that American try to solve a problem without attacking other countries and also using a war.
Thanks for reading!
wnx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most governments make judgements under how their action can give priority to national interests. So what Mr.Bush�s judge was been explained as the most properly action to save Americans from evil or other groups who against US. But what led to those areas which being named as anti-Amercia zones, missiles and bombs, blood and tears, hateness to all the thing under US mark. And we should look back to see whether those judgements really do right thing to ordinary America people. Their taxes were used to make bombs not bread, their children were brought to battle field not school, and they get only lies from those politicians. There is no bad country but only bad government, if US government can pay more respect to the world they can get more than they have paid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: