Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Listening

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> TOEFL and Other English Exams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Honey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Listening Reply with quote

Hi!
One of the most common difficulties for students in these kinds of tests is listening. Personally, I've got great trouble in it. Can you suggest diverse and useful ways to excercise it? Wink

Thank you!
See you! Very Happy
pam806

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the person whose english was really kind of mass one years ago, then I try to listen those types as more as I can, from morning to night, those days were really boring, but after seveal monthes, I found that I was really get the point. so just keep focusing on it. Very Happy
all_up

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
jiangdingping

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: living in english-speaker surounding Reply with quote

Surprised
Quote:
I try to listen those types as more as I can, from morning to night, those days were really boring
Arrow Idea Evil or Very Mad
good
good good stuy ,day day upa singpore slang says.
[/quote]
glacier2072

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Be honest,I'm also get into some trouble of lisenting. However,my friend told me some listening skills. I think you can create a English environment as possible as you can. You also can buy some magazines which have CDs and listen to them everyday. For me, I love buying some DVDs of TV series,and don't use the captions. You have to force yourself to listen what they're talking about. At first,maybe it's a little bit difficult for you to understand. But I think if you just keep doing this some days,your listening will be better! Smile you also can learn many slangs from their conversations!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> TOEFL and Other English Exams All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: