Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

education
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiwi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: education Reply with quote

should computer replace teachers???? Shocked Shocked Question Question
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: education Reply with quote

wiwi wrote:
should computer replace teachers???? Shocked Shocked Question Question

Good question! I say no, because teaching is an art form and you need to understand the nuances of the human conscience to do it sucessfully, but it's probably inevitable anyway. Everything'll be replaced by machine...
alper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a nice question. because machine replaced nearly everything.
maybe education, too Smile
alper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

computer : Good morning students

students : Good morning mr. Comp.

Computer : Today, I am programmed to teach you articles. if you miss a word. you can click backward to listen again

he heeheee SmileSmile
pueldboy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think computer can replace teacher.
Maybe it can in the future, but it can't replace teacher competely nowadays. Even if there are some courses through computer,
it can't respond students' questions on the spot.
Even though it can give us answers, I think those are uniform answers.
This is my opinion. Embarassed
Hyun02

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Maybe Reply with quote

Someday why not?

there are plenty of people who are not satisfied with teachers or education system. i think computers can be good replacements. Evil or Very Mad
Julia-hyunah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: No! Reply with quote

No, I think computers should NOT replace teachers.

Even though technology has developed and will develop alot more, I think human interactions especially in education field is really important.

Discussing and sharing your ideas with people, presenting your idea in front of classmates, getting corrections from your instructors are really important in education.

Moreover, emotional interactions, such as love and care from the teachers and friends are essential in education.

But, if computers replace teachers, all the essential things for education will not count as important factors, and only gaing more information, which can be not only good ones but also bad ones, will considered as important.

Of course, computers are providing a lot of GOOD informations that teachers should have.

However, the only fact that they have more information can not justify that computers can replace teachers.

Teachers should be here to guide students to find good information among an enormous amount of information, and to use it properly.

And also, teachers should be here to prevent students from feeling isolated due to lesser communications and interactions between others.
BourneNOIR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Computers can definitely replace some college professors! My textbooks already have! LOL Laughing

However, computers can't really replace K-12 teachers. It may be loaded with information and technology just like a college professor, they still lack the education degree to actually "teach". Students sometimes actually do better job explaining concepts to fellow students than some professors because to truly "teach" you need to understand and analyze how the student learns. Each student learns differently and a true teacher can adapt to different student's needs and figure out why the student doesn't understand (I think psychology is required for education majors). You'd need to load a huge amount of constantly evolving experience into a computer for it to even start profiling each student let alone "teach".
ad-miral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finding out what teacher likes to listen to, to have a feeling that a classroom is a society with teacher and students is maybe important because we don't know other forms. So I would say that children need to experience such an environment in primary or in early steps of their schoollife.
But then, maybe when they are over 13/14, I would suggest electric teachers. In this time and after this time many teachers become something like dictators whose schoes children have to lick for good grades. This may block many intelligent but not sociable students of getting an appropiate education.
ltp-008

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
should computer replace teachers?

My answer is No,

Computer speeds up and widens the process of Education,this way of Education will deepen the evolutions of civilization.But computer will not replace the highly qualified teachers such as Confucius Who are the treasures of human being on our Mother Earth.

Thanks Millions for the founders of computers ,and Internets,,
ad-miral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are also bad teachers who hates some special students independent of their learning qualities. A computer wouldn't do it.
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
There are also bad teachers who hates some special students independent of their learning qualities. A computer wouldn't do it.

That's a good point-- computers don't have biases.
earn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Should computer replace teachers? Reply with quote

Umm...It's a good question. I think so many people agree with this question and in the other hand so many people disagree with this question.
I think teacher can't be replace by computer because teacher is a human and computer is a machine but we should accept something in nowadays human has been replace by machine in the industrial process and sometime in education. We can see most of university has a
self-access by e-learning that give the way for people who's want to learn at home.
Even though teacher is a human and they have emotion. Yes, they can have bias with some students who's they aren't like but computers aren't and don't forget teachers can love and care their student but computers aren't.
Howover, computer is artifact it can't better and worth than human.
Believe me.
earn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Should computer replace teachers? Reply with quote

Umm...It's a good question. I think so many people agree with this question and in the other hand so many people disagree with this question.

I think teacher can't be replace by computer because teacher is a human and computer is a machine but we should accept something in nowadays human has been replace by machine in the industrial process and sometime in education. We can see most of university has a
self-access by e-learning that give the way for people who's want to learn at home.

Even though teacher is a human and they have emotion. Yes, they can have bias with some students who's they aren't like but computers aren't and don't forget teachers can love and care their student but computers aren't.

Howover, computer is artifact it can't better and worth than human.
Believe me.
jarodlovely

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't let human inventions beat human itself!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: