Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nvidia x ATI � Which do you think is better?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rseerig

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Nvidia x ATI � Which do you think is better? Reply with quote

In the last few years this to companies have been doing the bests VGA�s. Which one do you thing is doing better?
angelwing

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a see-saw... they both have had their goods and bads.

For me, I've had the ATi 9600, then a nVidia 6600GT, then a ATi x850xt (which I have right now). You can't say one company's any better than the other... they move around too much.

GO MATROX!!! Razz

Norm
wangsaida

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Nvidia is better,Though in the product with rank, ATI's working frequency is more rapid, but the technology that Nvidia can support is more overall.
Idea
Mallaien

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a ATI card. I have found out that here is a old problem that has come up in each new card, and they have not fixed it. The processors on ATI card have a chance to go into a infinite loop, it causes them to shut down. This problem dates back to their ATI 9200 model.
KHF

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, nVidia has the upper hand overall. ATI's Catalyst sucks compared to Forceware, particularly with the terribly bloated CCC & dreadful opengl driver. You will also be amazed by just the number of insurmountable driver-related problems you will run into on an open source OS (ie: Linux). Hardware wise, currently Radeon 1900xt holds the crown, but that's for a single card setup (it's not fair to put Geforce 7950 here, btw). Crossfire as far as I know, is inferior to SLI, largely due to *gasp* driver issues. A powerful hardware with bad software to utilize it properly is pretty much equal to having a piece of junk to start with. Of course, there's always a chance that the manufacturer might fix all the issues you have later, but I'd rather play it safe.
Anek_Kambod

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, If you want to play more games just choose nVIDIA graphic cards. They have more support games, new driver every month and mor powerful than ATI.

First, nVIDIA have technology of 3D to make you enjoy your favorite games, they're more powerful and high speed core clock than ATI.
Second, nVIDIA have the SLI technology to connect two graphic cards
work together. You can play all games in high resolution, Example over
1280*1024 or 1600*1200 dpi with high frame rate per second.

In concluion, nVIDIA is the best graphic card of gamers.
What do you think about it?

Last edited by Anek_Kambod on Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:01 am; edited 2 times in total
tsefactory

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Nvidia Reply with quote

although i was using MX440 , i support Nvidia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Computers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: