Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you think about part time job?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adithep

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: What do you think about part time job? Reply with quote

Smile I think it's good to do part time job but you have to keep in mind that you have to arrange your time so that it won't affect your main responsibility study.Many parents have sent their kids out to work because they wnt their kids to get some more experiences from part times job. I used to work in the cinema during my summer. I did all the jobs such as selling tickets and popcorn and even picked up popcorn.I think it was fun to interact with different people.I think meeting different people makes this job very colourful.In that time,I didn't need to ask my parents for money.I was very proud of it. Laughing I think our world is changing so fast. You need to learn all the time to be able to keep up.It's good to get your life time experience.So what do you think about that? Idea [/i][/b]
Corey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good that young people learn the value of hard work. I got my first part-time job when I was 12 years old (during the summer break). However I also think that children shold not be working full-time and need to be in school most of the time.

Godd luck,

Corey
hYpO-aLLeRgEniC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Part-time job - Lifetime experience. Reply with quote

Thai students should take a part-time job. The first reason is you can get various experience. Whatever job you do, you'll interact with different people. You may have fun to satisfy with customers. You can improve your skills such as communicating with people, solving problems, making decisions quickly, speaking any foreign languages. You will have more confidence. The second reason is you can help your family increase earning. You don't need to ask parents for money. Furthermore, you can take care of the cost of both your tuition fees and daily needs. In conclusion, taking a part-time job makes greatly benefit. Therefore, having a part-time job is great and Thai students should try to take it.
However, it'll affect your main responsibility study if you don't arrange your time properly.
Are you interested in taking a part-time job? Smile
derek521

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I should looking for some parttime job...im 20 year old,but dun have any exp for this.
LucentShade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that teenagers should definitely get part-time jobs. It teaches them how to work and communicate with others, how to accept authority, and how to be responsible about getting to work, obeying rules, and managing money. If they make their own money, they will better understand the value of it. If their parents simply give them all the money they ever need, teens will waste it on uneccesary things because they know they can always get more money if they run out. Teenagers that make and spend their own money can form good spending and saving habits that can serve them well in their adult lives.

Another very important thing that can be learned from part-time work is basic human respect. I don't know how it is in your countries, but here in the U.S., people that work in typical "teenager" jobs like fast-food restaurants, grocery stores, and retail stores, are looked down on by society as second-class citizens. I see so many people going to these places and getting angry at the workers just because they aren't 100% perfect. If more people have experience working these jobs, then they will understand how it feels.

Also, having jobs can keep teenagers out of trouble. If they're at work on weekends, then they won't be as likely to spend their time drinking, partying, and doing drugs.

I feel strongly about this because I'm a veteran of this world. I started a part-time job a month after I turned 16, and I worked there for six years, all through my college and the last two years of high school. I learned all those things I mentioned and I earned quite a bit of money as well. Sure, it may have affected my performance in school a little bit, but it's not impossible to do both. I may not have gotten the best possible grades, but the money and experience I got makes up for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: