Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the meaning of family in your life?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Family
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ale R.U.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: What is the meaning of family in your life? Reply with quote

I don�t live with my father he left my house when I was a little child. But that wasn't a problem for my because my family is the more special in my life I love when we are together eating, talking, fighting, wherever I love so much, because they are my biggest support in the life, they give me encourage for continue in each step of my life. If they aren�t with my I wouldn�t have could go to the university. My family is my three sisters, my cousin and my special mother.

And what do you think about your family???
sonppy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Ale R.U.
Nice to meet you!
I think family is father, mother and silbers live together.
My family is consist of my father,mother abd two younger susters.
We live a happy life.
Thought sometimes we quarrel, it doesn't effect our's feeling. Laughing
Bogdi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

My family is very important to me; my parenst help me and paid for me for the university studies ; this was the custom in my country, at that time, when I finished the univesity; they work very hard al their life for me and my broder, sacrificed for us...my husband's parents do the same thing for him....I don't know, I don't have child yert, but I don't want and I am not available to make so great sacrifice for my future children.. I don't know...maybe, I hope, I wil not need to make so great finacial sacrifices like my parents, maybe, I hope, I'll have a better financial situation, so I'll help them....
bubbles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: What is the meaning of family in your life? Reply with quote

my family worths everything to me , because whatever ı do(even mistakes) they are always with me , i love my family more than everyting
minomino

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: my brother's problem....... Reply with quote

Family is necessary existence in my life.
Family support me in a lot of varying points.
Especially, my brother is very important .
I have 2 brother,andthey are so kind ,
but my senior brother has haved problem. Crying or Very sad
He hasn't found get the job one wants
Sad
How do I advice him?

Please advice me Embarassed
Ale R.U.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to meet you.
Thanks everybody for your nice replies.
I would like know, where are each one from???
With the reason for learning more about the family in different cultures.
Because for my perspective the family would should be the most important for each person, without importance the culture, if not, just the love.

Minomino: I would like give you my support, for you and your brother, but I need know more about him and his situation. And of this way can help you.
Please tell me more about both.
minomino

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: sorry..... Reply with quote

I'm sorry for late reply to you,and thank you very much to think with me.
I moved your warming heart Embarassed

I live in Japan,my brother too.
These days, my family had adiscussion about my bother.
When my brother decided to go job training center.
He hasn't found what he wants to do in the future,but he and my family could find delight light It's great satisfaction to us.Icried.

I'm going to cheer for him.

Thank you very much!!!!! I appreciate you somuch!!!!!!
klert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the family is very important in my life because when it was a bad thing,they are always with me..
haruka25

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family is very important in my life. My father has a vast stock of information. So he teaches me various things. My mother is the woman of my dream. She is good at cooking, and sewing. Sometimes, I learn cooking from her. And she also listens to my troubles. Her advice is a great help to me. My older tow brothers have each character. My eldest brother is very smart, so, he teaches me study. And my second elder brother has good motor coordination. When I was a child, I played basketball with him.
Sometimes, I have a quarrel with my parents because they regulate me, for example they decide a closing time. But, I think I understand tenderness akin to that of a parent for a child. I have learned fundamental knowledge to live in the world from my parents since I have been born. So I think my family is very precious to me!
Afra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Children in their middle years treasure their families and feel they are special and irreplaceable. Families provide children with a sense of belonging and a unique identity. Families are, or should be, a source of emotional support and comfort, warmth and nurturing, protection and security. Family relationships provide children with a critical sense of being valued and with a vital network of historical linkages and social support. Within every healthy family there is a sense of reciprocity—a giving and taking of love and empathy by every family member.
Read more >> The Importance of Family
IANKRISBANAWA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, for me it is simple. You can't live without it. it's your foundation so for me, we must look behind our back to them, so we might not get lost.
Afra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should realize the importance of our families.
Claire321

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family is the most important for me. I can't imagine my life without it.
surprisedstubble

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family is my life, without them i would be nothing
champignon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thank my family for everything I have and for everything I've become, as all I have and own at this stage of my life, is due to them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Family All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: