Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

German highschool students do suicide attacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ad-miral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: German highschool students do suicide attacks Reply with quote

In Germany, There have been very many cases recently. A boy get problems at high school, has to repeat class, played too many action-shooting-games, and then he takes a gun to school and shoots at people.

One case is in Baden T�rtemmburg, another one is in Sachsen, another one is in Munich (where stellara comes from, however, where is she now?)

Why do they do this? What do you think? Is it because of too much freedom in Germany? Is it because of loneliness? (there are very little guys in Germany)
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: German highschool students do suicide attacks Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
(there are very little guys in Germany)

Do you mean that there are more women than men in Germany? That can't be too good for the population, a few generations down... Confused

A girl at my school committed suicide a few years ago. I don't think it was because of the freedom she had, but because of all the stress today's society (and schools) put you through.

You've gotta have thick skin and few scruples to get through it all, (perhaps giving us a reason why all the bigshots are so shady).

Yeah, it was just stress I think.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you mean that there are more women than men in Germany? That can't be too good for the population, a few generations down...

Oh sorry I used "guys" for "people", but it doesn't mean that I'm against women.

However do you understand why people are ready to throw their life away because of being unhappy? That's unintelligible.

I don't believe it's because of computer-games. Everybody has played computer games.

Do you know this? That's also a brutal computer game. Can they forbid this one? If everybody who plays such games will run around shool with pistols there won't be any school left.

What problem in life is worth to die for?
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's a pretty brash decision of you!

You've never been in a situation where you feel so miserable that you want to die, so you think that anyone who is in such a situation is just "unintelligable". I think many people ARE in such a situation, and it's awful. If people are so depressed, there must be something wrong with the world we're creating, not the people.

Do you honestly think that there is no level of sadness that is worse than life? It's hard to comprehend unless you're in such a situation, I'm sure, but I have no doubts that it is there.

Instead, I think you should think that people in those situations are correct to be miserable and want to die, and you should be grateful that you're not in such a situation, instead of just calling them mistaken for wanting to die.

Pretty disrespectful.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heyheyhey dear fp, (great humanist) sorry I haven't been serious enough when talking about this.

You know, the real thing is: I haven't been in a situation where I feel so miserable that I want to die, but this doesn't mean that my life is very successful.
Really, my life is more miserable than a lot of other people. I have experienced many many bad things you can imagine. I don't want to talk about them here, but we can talk about it with pms. It will be a long pm.

Because I had such a life, I think that there is nothing worse in life. Because "bad" is only an adjective you give to an unnamed situation. If you fall down the stairs, you can have the chance to climb up again, and to challenge. You can try to find more ways to get up the stairs etc. And through climbing up the stairs, you learn something others won't learn.

Nothing in life is irreplacable, besides of our family.
Jekzhou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every person has his/her own problems. But it's how they react to it. Some people are mentally stronger.

To commite suicide you must be very desperate. There are lots of reasons before doing.

You have no one who really is important in your life, nothing to hold up to (no love) , you think death is a way to escape from your problems. (to name a few)

All people die regardless why take away the rights if 1 person wants to end his life earlier?

However if such person thinks that way, he'll surely take some actions against some people he dislike or do some crazy things before committing suicide.

I haven't encountered a single person who hasn't got problems yet....
flying_pig319

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you're both right.

Someone must be very desperate before they commit suicide. They could also be sick (mentally or emotionally), so their vision of getting out of their depression is skewed...

I'd love to get that PM, Admiral. I've gone through some tough stuff too, I assure you.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7. February, 9:11: In Bielefeld, Germany, there were two boy, 16 and 17 years old, in masks, who attacked a schoolclass (30 szudents, 1 teacher) with a softair pistol. They wanted to collect the student's valuables, but the students resisted and overwhelmed the attackers.

7. February, 14:51: A 16- years old girl has to go to prison for two weeks, because she hadn't gone to school for nearly a month. She had to do 37 hours of social work, or she had to pay money. She chose social work but she hasn't done the work.

There was a voting of GEWIS institute. 1086 women and men with children were asked. 45% of the parents still say that it's because of television, internet and videogames, 38% say that there are too little money invested for schools, 31% said that the education politics is to be blaimed, 26% say it's because of parents, 17% say it's because of teachers, 29% say that German schools are not such bad.

What do you think is the reason of increasing children crime rate in Germany?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: