Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why do we need to listen to God?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not an Atheist, but I'm also not Religous. I'm what is known as Agnostic. This means you beleive there is a greater power, but you're not sure what it is.

If we knew the secrets of life, would it still be amazing? We're not supposed to know how the magic trick is done. If there is a God, he doesn't want us to know. All Jesus was saying is love each other.

Religion was made by man, not God. If there is a God, I'm sure he doesn't believe in religion.

PS I'm not afraid of going to hell either. Sorry but I don't believe in your
coffeedecafe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[allegory] two men were at different points along a high power electric line in the cold alaskan tundra.
one man stood beside the electrical tower and said, "i believe there may be such a thing as electricity, but i have not seen it so i cannot know for sure. if it is as powerful as they say, if i tried to control it, i might die. so it has no meaning to me. he held his coat tighter and shivered in the wind.
the other man was a lineman checking the route. he pulled out a little hot plate, and, knowing what was needed to contact the line properly brewed himself a warming cup of tea.
this allegory is as fresh as that tea...
Mikey8055

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don�t know how old this post is but I found it on google and I just had to reply

I believe there is a god and although I don�t know if what I believe is written any ware but I believe there is at least a strand of truth in every religion And deeper into this I believe everybody has a job weather for good or evil. yes I know liebe that you may be confused as to why there is so many different religions and why there is hate death and bad people such as Hitler but if you would just pickup a book you would soon find out all the answers. Biblical stores have came true and some have yet to come true but what I do know is I pray you find god because I believe strongly that you will wish you had after your death and the death of satin.
Sarraa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simple answer (if you are a believer of one of the Abrahamic Religions) to your question is: Because we will go to Hell if we don't, and we will go to Heaven if we do : ) (And then come all the other reasons that have to do with peace and tranquility etc in this world that come with Faith).
I don't believe it makes sense, as a Muslim, Christian or Jew to say that 'It doesn't matter what religion a person follows, or if they disbelieve in God', because well do you not believe in Heaven and Hell? And that you must accept God to enter Heaven? So what do you mean by saying that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: