Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I LOVE CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR CELEBRATION!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Holidays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edgarsolorzano

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: I LOVE CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR CELEBRATION! Reply with quote

HI! MI NAME IS EDGAR, I�M 21 YEARS OLD AND I�M FROM COSTA RICA.

WE ARE TO FEW DAYS OF CELEBRATING THE CHRISTMAS, AND I BELIEVE THAT IT IS THE BEST CELEBRATION OF ALL, NOT ONLY BECAUSE WE RECEIVE GIFTS ALSO BECAUSE IT IS TIME OF BEING HAPPIER.

AT THIS TIME FOR ME IT IS HAPPIER BECAUSE SOON I WILL BE DAD AND THAT IT IS THE BEST GIFT.

IN OUR COUNTRY WE TAKES PLACE WITH THE FAMILY, EATING A LOT AND OPENING GIFTS IN CHRISTMAS EVE.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW CELEBRATE THE CHRISTMAS AND THE NEW YEAR IN OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD, SO PLEASE ANSWER THIS MESSAGE.

THANK YOU, BYE Very Happy
hiro1004

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Most Japanese do not have a big party for Christmas like US, UK and ohter countries Sad Sad Sad
But, we go out to eat with friends, have a date with boyfriends and so on!!

In our countries, Japan, most people do not think that Christmas is the best celebration of all Sad

BUT, NEW YEAR is important for Japanese Very Happy Very Happy
Some people wear KIMONO, eat OSETI (IT IS a special selection of dishes which have a special meaning associated with good luck.)and OZONI(IT is rice-cake soup) and drink SAKE.
We have several other custom in NEW YEAR Razz Razz
edgarsolorzano

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: THAT�S VERY INTERESTING!!! Reply with quote

HERE IN COSTA RICA WE CELEBRATE THE NEW YEAR WITH THE FRIENDS, IT�S A GREAT PARTY, BUT THE BEST, IT IS THAT WE ALWAYS SEE THE DAWN IN THE BEACH, IT IS AMAZING!

BUT THERE IS A LOT OF DIFFERENCE WITH THE CHRISTMAS.

WOULD I LIKE TO KNOW WHICH THE MOST IMPORTANT CELEBRATIONS ARE FOR THE JAPANESE ONE??? Question

THEY ARE VERY DIFFERENT TO THOSE OF THIS SIDE OF THE WORLD!!!

BYE!
jane_8488

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: HELLO Reply with quote

HI EDGAR, MY NAME IS JANILKA BUT MY FRIENDS CAN CALL ME JANE, I�M FROM RUSIA. Very Happy

YOU KNOW, THERE IS NOT A LOT OF DIFFERENCE HERE AMONG THE CHRISTMAS THAT THERE, HERE ALSO WE ARE WITH THE FAMILY AND LATER WE GO OUT WITH THE FRIENDS. Shocked
IN NEW YEAR IT IS A GREAT CELEBRATION, IT�S VERY COOL. Wink

I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW YOUR COUNTRY, THE PEOPLE SAY THAT HAS A VERY PRETTY BEACHES AND I BELIEVE THAT I ALREADY NEED A SUNTAN. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

WELL, IF YOU WANT TO WRITE ME MY MAIL IS [email protected] Wink Laughing Very Happy
hiro1004

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: THAT�S VERY INTERESTING!!! Reply with quote

Hi!!
Well , I think that New Year is the most important for Japanese Very Happy Very Happy
New year's eve is also big celebration Very Happy Very Happy
This day's TV program such as kouhaku uta gassen (kouhaku means red and white AND uta means music AND gassen means battle, I mean between women singers are red team and men singers are white team match with music) is very very famous in Japan Exclamation Exclamation More one third Japanese watch it Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Holidays All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: