Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Happy New Year!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Holidays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuuko132

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: A Happy New Year!! Reply with quote

I'm Japanese girl. I'll explain to my this winter vacation.
At first, I went back hometown in December 24.I ate a cake the night because the day is my birthday.It's very delicious.I was happy.I play with my friens next day. And I felt at home from December 27 to January 4. And I was studying the test very hard. In fact, the test start from next week.
Finally, what did you doing in this winter vacation?
YUPPY0415

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Disney Sea with my boy friend in Christmas day.

It was very fun!

at night, we ate cakes.(delicious!)

Then, I went go back to my hometown,Hokkaido.(VERY COLD;Wink

Finally, I enjoyed this winter vacation.
samantha0812

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: A Happy New Year!! Reply with quote

I am a Japanese girl Laughing I'll explain about my New Year's Day Wink
My family and I went to my grandparents house in the early morning. We exchanged greetings with them and we ate traditional New Year dishes and ozoni my grandma had made the day before:lol: Then I got money Exclamation Exclamation I was very happy♪We left my grandparents in the middle afternoon because I had a part-time job. I worked "COZI CORNER" and we had a large sale in cakes and sweet treat !! I was very tired but I enjoyed my New Year's Day Very Happy
linda2006

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, as what you have mentioned above, the Christmas and the New Year are more and more popular in China now. And we offen celebrate these festivals with big meals and big parties. But what we would pay much attention now is still the Spring Festival, the traditional day in China. It is really a good holiday in China because you can have you own days with your family and your friends during the holidays. What's more, if you like travel to different places, you can still enjoy the different ways of celebration for the festival! That's amazing, isn't it?
thalamus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In new year's day, I received a letter in which my girlfriend said she wanted to break free.

So I prefer Christmas Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Holidays All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: