Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online communicating reduce intimate relationship or not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wangy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Online communicating reduce intimate relationship or not? Reply with quote

It is an interesting question which arouses a huge discussion in my class. It is too hard to conclude the answer because people use computer everyday!! What is your opinion?
chloe-3-chan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Hey!Nice to meet you. Reply with quote

This question had discused in my class,too.
In my opinion,internet convenient for us to learn English by oneself such this site.
But to learn Engulish is to need to contact with another person for real.
Oterwise I can't understand the person's feeling...
And I can't feel warmth of affection.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's not important where and how you meet them it's important how you can cope with each other in real life.
hahaha I feel a lot of affection
Julia-hyunah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

It's hard to find a definite answer.

I think it is up to users.

Computer can help people to continue their intimate relationships when it is used properly. Through MSN, email or other social networking websites, people can contact with their beloved people from all over the countries and keep it touch with them.

But people need to show their affections with other means as well, such as by phone or face-to-face talks.

I believe it is depend on how people is willing to show their love and care toward others and to keep their intimate relationships.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather think that online communicating let's you know more people and you can get a wider view of the world. With a wider view, you will get more wisdom, learn social skills, and maybe get a foreign friend.
I don't think it disturbs intimate relationship, it is rather a better tool to keep your contact with your intimate relationship.
Renay

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is true that communicating over the internet is much more convenient and effective than any other means.
I do think it will decrease affection between people.
Sometimes you feel really embarrassed, or not convenient enough to say something right in front of someone. You can choose e-mail, or use MSN to communicate with that person to avoid embarrassing occasions.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree, you are braver talking on internet, than in real life
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: