Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you think about the new Bush's policy?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: What do you think about the new Bush's policy? Reply with quote

I saw the new that Bush's gonna send more troop to Iraq. When are we going to have peace? I'm getting really tired of it.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The senate for foreign affairs declined Bush's plan to send 21.500 more soldiers into Iraq, finally! I'm very happy, somebody has to decline the self-interested, mankind-despising plans of president Bush.
metaphorcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you think about the new Bush's policy? Reply with quote

Tone wrote:
I saw the new that Bush's gonna send more troop to Iraq. When are we going to have peace? I'm getting really tired of it.

I agree with you Smile
Renay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you.
I watched president Bush's speach on television, and the word that appear the most frequent is "Iraq".
Iraq is a very big issue in American policy, and the conflicts between the two countries also implicate both American citizens and Iraqis' safety.
I wish the issue would come to a good solution as soon as possible. Smile
alper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want UNIVERSAL PEACE. this is not so hard to accomplish. I don't appreciate Bush's policy... he is acting without thinking harms he give. he has just destroyed lots of places.

that's enough. innocent people and children don't have to die. this is not justice.
Tone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Politic is always a very complicate situation. They are so many background that normal people like us would never know (Never know or never knew)? Laughing

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that everything has its own cycle. The center of power is going to change again sooner or later.
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
The senate for foreign affairs declined Bush's plan to send 21.500 more soldiers into Iraq, finally! I'm very happy, somebody has to decline the self-interested, mankind-despising plans of president Bush.

Bush has said he will do whatever he wants, regardless of what the Senate or Congress does. He believes he is a King and will act like it. It's sickening.

And his solution to extinguish the fire he created is to add more fuel. He is a fool who has no understanding of other cultures and social values.

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress depends on the unreasonable man."

-Bernard Shaw
k.m.m

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think will fall. For one reason that's it was a big mistake from the beginning.

...,Mass destruction !! Dictatorship!! Delivering the democracy to the whole region!! Protect the people from their leader!! good life for Iraqi and others! safety and good work for people !!Peace!!Peace?? Not wasting money!! Election without cheating!! Freedom!! Human rites!! Respect the prisons!! Flowers and roses in the streets of Baghdad gave to the invaders !!!!!

The situation is converted completely to occupation,loosing lifes ,and more , instead of above..

kmm
zx300

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not gonna work, no matter what he does the war will last for ever... i hope not
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anuradha Chepur wrote:
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress depends on the unreasonable man."

-Bernard Shaw

So was Britain unreasonable to want to rule and occupy India, or was India unreasonable to want to rule itself and end the occupation?

Just as Britain was unreasonable to attempt to be an imperial power in India, Iraq, and elsewhere - Mr. Bush is unreasonable to attempt to impose American imperialism in Iraq and elsewhere.

Imperial occupation is not progress. That should be obvious to you considering the history of your country. Smile

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
ad-miral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh politics... when we see the result, of course we say that's bad. But if we had to do those politics, we won't do it very much better, politicians are also humans.
sumomo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm tired to him too.
I hate him.
I love peace.
That's all.
Anuradha Chepur

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is comparing a square and a circle.

Imperialism is greed.
Bush policy is neither greed nor altruism, but enlightened self-interest.
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your comments it is clear to see that you don't understand what drives the policy of the Bush administration.

Go here: http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm

Here is the closing of the Statement of Principals for this group.
Quote:
Our aim is to remind Americans of these lessons and to draw their consequences for today. Here are four consequences:

� we need to increase defense spending significantly if we are to carry out our global
responsibilities today and modernize our armed forces for the future;

� we need to strengthen our ties to democratic allies and to challenge regimes hostile to our interests and values;

� we need to promote the cause of political and economic freedom abroad;

� we need to accept responsibility for America's unique role in preserving and extending an international order friendly to our security, our prosperity, and our principles.

Such a Reaganite policy of military strength and moral clarity may not be fashionable today. But it is necessary if the United States is to build on the successes of this past century and to ensure our security and our greatness in the next.

Look at the signers - any of them look familiar?

Check this out: http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf

It's real. Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Jeb Bush - all of them admit it.

You will see the policy is based on American Imperialism - a Pax Americana imposed through military means - not enlightened self interest.

--Dr. Seuss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: