Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sinking number of students in Germany from 2010 on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ad-miral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Sinking number of students in Germany from 2010 on Reply with quote

According to the opinions of the education researcher, the number of students going on university won't grow until 2010, after 2010, it will decrease expilcitely.

There will be very little guys with Bachelor-, or Mastercertification, says the institute for education and social economy (FiBS).

"From 2015 on, university students will be bare good, both in east- and in westgermany.", Dohmen said. "For the little absolvers, the Master degree will become their greatest investment."

How good to hear this Laughing I think the Master degree seems possible for me.
ClarissaMach

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it... what is exactly the problem? There are few young Germans interested in going to college or there are few young Germans at all?
ad-miral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the main problem is because young people want to get money very early so they don't count university as attractive. Because study takes a long time. To balance this, the governent already changed the courses of studies from the traditional diploma/doctor-one into the international bachelor/master-one.

But the problem could also be because of the regressive birthrate. You know in Germany a child would be very very expensive, concerning the espensive employee on-costs and the expensive rent, food, cloths, cars etc. which you need for everyday life.

Last edited by ad-miral on Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
hoshi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that a Mastercertification is not really important, 'cause it's only to show it to other people 'cause you can find a work without it
Bob S.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
But the problem could also be because of the regressive birthrate.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Birthrates across most of the developed world are crashing. I know across Japan, elementary (primary) schools are closing, and school districts are consolidating because there aren't enough kids to fill the classrooms.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, kids have become very expensive in this world. Many local media and advertisement are targeted to kids, to get money etc. Kids are too young to know that money is hard work, so they buy and buy, take without giving. In the upper classes, people decide for not having children. They cost time, cost money, cost effort.

A lot of children can only be found in small villages, where a child is seen as a future investment. But, in this case, boys are more desirable than girls, because boys can do hard work. In China this is the problem. If the government doesn't do anything, there will only be 5 Chinese boys for one girl in the future.
ClarissaMach

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
If the government doesn't do anything, there will only be 5 Chinese boys for one girl in the future.

Wow! You guys have a problem here!

Recently I received one of those pps archives via e-mail showing a new born little baby girl left in the middle of a chinese street. According to the archive, the girl was left to die, she wasn't a stillborn. That schocked me.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people in villages and not industried small citys still have the thinking that girl is bad because they can't do agricultural work and they can't continue their surname with a girl etc. That thinking is very stupid and too antiquated. Yeah I'm also very worried about it. Maybe I should have girls with my future wife.
Laughing But to keep the blood clean, I have to marry a Chinese girl. Haha sounds like Adolf Hitler... Laughing
Well, back to point, I think that's the disadvantage of the great diversity between poor and rich, in China.

Back to Germany, do you think it's good for me to concentrate myself on master degree because of this demographic change?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: