Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi all--Best Age to Get Married
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azooz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Hi all--Best Age to Get Married Reply with quote

Hi, what is the best age to get merried? i mean you have a wife, i know you all know what i mean, it's just my writ is bad.
I think the best age is 27 for men, but for women is 23 or 20.
so, do you agree? if you don't, please tell me the best age you think is the best to get merrie for men and women, okay?

THANKS Very Happy

hope to hear from you all soon

bye ~~~
J@n@

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Wink
I think that there is no agelimit for marriage. You should marry whenever you feel old and grown-up enough for so. It all depends on who you are and how old you really are inside - not on the age.

But i thinkt that i won't marry (i'm not even sure if i want to) untill i have a job or finished my schooleducation. I want to go to university, so i think that i will have to studyied first before i marry.
Well, this depends also on how you view a marriage. For me, it is one of the first steps to found a family. And i won't found a family if i'm not grown enough, if i can't pay a family!!
Of course i am a woman and few people could think that a woman needn't have to work and pay the familie's life, but i think that you shouln't let the man do all the "work". Besides, if you do so, the woman gets too dependent on the man..
ad-miral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing You are just a small girl!
Well first I want our relationship to be absolutely sure, second she should know all my relatives and I also want to know about her relatives, she should have finished her highschool years. Then I'll ask her Laughing I have a big house which my parents left for me, my mom seldom comes home and my father never comes.

At that time maybe I'm 21/22 and she 19/20.
Lorikeet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too young Ad-miral! I got married when I was 28 and it was a perfect time for me. I had enough experience with enough guys to know what I wanted, and I wasn't going to make big changes in my life anymore, so less chance of "growing apart." Also, I had a job I liked, and I was supporting myself, so was in a good position to decide with no hurry. I've been married 33 years now, so I guess it was good for me. Wink
Azooz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all of you for replaying Very Happy
i appreciate it alot.
and i guess 28 is perfect for merrig.

hope to see more opnions Wink

bye
k.m.m

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think both have disadvantage and advantage ...to get married when you are young , how young?? well lets say you are smart and you finished your hi-school early ,say your age is 18 then you join a college "2 years " that's mean your age is 20 , you are living with your parents but you want to be independent ,ok..How much your salary..do you have a car?? can you pay the rent if you go out from your parents home ? may be you need a lone from the bank to own car Crying or Very sad ? The payment will be for 2 or 3 years ..how much you will save ..and how much you will spend ? all these things have to be consider ..Means your age will be 25, with consideration that only 2 years collage you finished ..
a bout the wife, if you get married with a working wife" like me", it is good for both of you , she will help you in so many cases Very Happy , but don't think her salary is yours Mad .If you plan for vacation , in summer both of you will share the trip , I know you are responsible but she will love paying for enjoyment like vacations, or even going to restaurants and here clothes .etc... Smile
My conclusion it depends on your study ...if community collage 2 years may good 25
if B.S degree may be 27-28.
If medicine study may be 30...and chose all the time very close to your age and your interest..
Good luck. Smile
hoshi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
At that time maybe I'm 21/22 and she 19/20.

Well I think it depends 'cause first you need somethings like house, work and to know each other very well...
I think the age doesn't matter to get married, if you have the necessary things to get married and you can create a family, you can get married but if you don't have those possibilities I suggest not to get married 'cause probably the relation is going to fall down.
So if you are 19 and you have work, or a house, at least anapartment and you can continue paying for it, why not?
But most of people don't have those certain things in that age, so a lot of people get this around 26-30
ad-miral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Lori, k.m.m and hoshi! You let me come to a decision for which I thought and thought over many weeks. What should I do without you... Laughing
Yeah you are right at least I want a bachelor, I won't get my bachelor before 25, you are right. And maybe I wanna have master/doctor etc. otherwise we won't see each other that much anyway. And besides, she needs a lot of time for her study and hobby, too. I can't take it away from her because of some postings I said here. The only best way is to give us time.

(you need a Chinese program to read this symbols correctly) (I recommend NJ Star Chinese Word Processor which you can download here: http://www.njstar.com/ ) Laughing If Lori sees it as advertisement it's also ok.

No great thesis existed without a proverb... So, there is a Chinese saying:
Quote:
让爱细水长流无关风花雪月
"Narrow water streams longer." or the full version: "Let the love stream long like narrow water, independent of heavy wind or snowy months."
hoshi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
Thank you very much, Lori, k.m.m and hoshi!

there's nothing to thank, by the way, I met a girl via Internet, and she wrote me "if you are my dream, and my dream and hopes are true, you will be my real love and I will love you forever" but I don't know her, well I just talked with her by mail and phone but we don't know the face of each other, do you think a person can fall in love just 'cause what another person wrote in a mail, or a phone message even if they don't know each other? or is it simply the unreal world created by a girl with a broken heart who needs to believe in something or someone?
ad-miral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi hoshi

You said:
Quote:
or is it simply the unreal world created by a girl with a broken heart who needs to believe in something or someone?
How did you know she has a broken heart?

I think you can't fall in love with any girl whose face you haven't seen yet. I think first you have to know whether she lives near you, then you have to meet her and then, the time you will spend with her (in reality, not in chatroom) is the most important.
But, that you met her on internet, doesn't mean that she can't be the real one. Just invite her to cinema or so and look if you like her.
hoshi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
hi hoshi

You said:
Quote:
or is it simply the unreal world created by a girl with a broken heart who needs to believe in something or someone?
How did you know she has a broken heart?

She told me, but I alreeady have a girlfriend I don't know what to do with her
ad-miral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh Laughing If you already have a girlfriend, then stay loyal.
Tell her that she will find the real one in the future, she is not that old yet
J@n@

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Laughing You are just a small girl!

I am not a small girl!! Mad Neutral
What makes you think that I'm just a small girl? Well, i'm not tall in size... Sad
But does it matter?
ad-miral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahaha I'm soo sorry Jana don't take this too personal... it's not a blaim! On the other hand I'm rather jealous of you because I could have done many many things better when I was 17, but time can't be turned back...

You know I didn't want to make you being angry... It's just Laughing Beancurdturtle and RedRose always say that I'm too young for this and too young for that Mr. Green And I was very happy when I knew you are younger than me. Mr. Green

peace!
J@n@

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

Quote:
t's just Laughing Beancurdturtle and RedRose always say that I'm too young for this and too young for that Mr. Green And I was very happy when I knew you are younger than me. Mr. Green

It's okay Wink Laughing

Quote:
On the other hand I'm rather jealous of you because I could have done many many things better when I was 17, but time can't be turned back...

What things could you have done better? (I'm not 17, but it doesn't matter... Laughing )

Yes, peace is very important... PEACE. Wink Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: