Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi all--Best Age to Get Married
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ad-miral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What things could you have done better?

I had my first girlfriend at that age (she is my neighbour), she liked me very much but I was very stupid at that time and I never showed real love to her. I could have tried to stop my parents from divorcing etc., but I just neglected. And a lot of such things.
J@n@

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really think that you could have stopped your parents from divorcing? How???
I don't know your parents and i don't know what happened to them and their reasons for their decision - but i know that many people just seperate from each other because they don't love each other enough any more.. or something like that...
How could you have stopped that?
ad-miral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing At least I know how I should have behaved to prevent them, instead of adding wood to the fire.
burco_lion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ya all! I like this subject, I think best age to get marry is 19-25 cuzz am 19 and I already have wife I got married 2-10-07 so get marry while ya'r young but old enought to take that responsibility, also I wish I knew how to get my dad and mom together back in days, they got separed when I was 1 yr old and my mom died when I was 3 for the love of my dad but he didn't love her any more so I think all the reason they get divorced is because the love they had 4 each other ended from both or one of them.............. C ya guys have a nice time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
burco_lion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear hoshi! yes why not, I met wiz my wife via internet and over 2 years we haven't seing each other face-to-face but we sended pictures and live cameras 2 each other, she loves me so much and me I love her very much I don'y even think I will live my life wizout her so you can love someone wizout seing thier face because love doesn't know anything about age or color, beuaty or anything like that. also my wife is older than me 6 years that means she is 25 and am 19 but I have a nice job, 2007 honda car which I desinged for my self. so there's nothing am missing in diz life am just happy and also feel lucky..............
hoshi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have a gf and i love her very much, i can't live without her so i will try to be just her friend
Bob S.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
Laughing At least I know how I should have behaved to prevent them, instead of adding wood to the fire.
I'm with J@n@ on this. Minor children are NOT responsible for the decisions of their adult parents. Lots of kids in that situation like to think "gee, if only I had done something different, mommy or daddy would have loved me more and stayed." And it really messes them up, because in truth they have no power. The power is in the hands of the adults who make choices on how to handle the situation and normal stresses of daily life.
garfield_jesse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burco_lion wrote:
Dear hoshi! yes why not, I met wiz my wife via internet and over 2 years we haven't seing each other face-to-face but we sended pictures and live cameras 2 each other, she loves me so much and me I love her very much I don'y even think I will live my life wizout her so you can love someone wizout seing thier face because love doesn't know anything about age or color, beuaty or anything like that. also my wife is older than me 6 years that means she is 25 and am 19 but I have a nice job, 2007 honda car which I desinged for my self. so there's nothing am missing in diz life am just happy and also feel lucky..............

wow...Bruco so interesting! I have never believed in love via internet. First you really dont know each other ( via webcam or pictures you only know about her/his appearance...not anymore ). Second you dont really know whether he/she tell you the truth, he/she say that he/she loves you but at the same time he/she still has other half. In love i never accept the cheat. What do you think if he say that he loves you so much on the other hand he has intimate relationship with other girl ( hug, kiss...even though have sex ). When you discover he with other girl....he entreat you to forgive and swearing that never do it again. Should you forgive? My friend was in this situation Sad Sad

About the difference of the age between men and women ( man is younger than woman )...my friend said that it is a trend nowsaday...is it true? I have a friend he said that he wanna to have girlfriend older than him ( about 1 to 9 ) Question Question
ad-miral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm with J@n@ on this. Minor children are NOT responsible for the decisions of their adult parents. Lots of kids in that situation like to think "gee, if only I had done something different, mommy or daddy would have loved me more and stayed." And it really messes them up, because in truth they have no power. The power is in the hands of the adults who make choices on how to handle the situation and normal stresses of daily life.

Ok, if you say, it must be right. Laughing
I can only quote lines of famous philosophers and scientists, but in truth, I don't really know that much about social business. So well done!
It doesn't really care for me, instead, I have a feeling that I have more [url="freedom"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQDpy_e5yhg[/url] now.

I'm going to separate from my gf because of cultural problems... Laughing And I had called myself "liberal".
You know, I have also known her through internet. It's so: On internet you can't see the fave of the guy you are talking with and feel the movements of the eyes, arms etc. You get all the distances overcome, while you are both strangers.
That will lead to great problems... Two people being together who only like the the dreams both have.
It is better to find a girlfriend who you have known in your childhood, do you agree me?
Leon Young

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is old Chinese saying gose like"the man should marry when he is mature enough and so should women!"
But it's not clear how mature is possible for both man and womon!
I am also wandering! Question
ad-miral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest, Leon Young, I was also living in Kunming while I was young. Do you know the 24-hospital?
Leon Young

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
to be honest, Leon Young, I was also living in Kunming while I was young. Do you know the 24-hospital?
be honest,I don't know this place,is this place where you born?I am a colleage student in Kunming.now i am exploring the Kunming city,that is interesting.maybe oneday i will find 24-hospital!Then I will tell ya!
jvegap223

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi all--Best Age to Get Married Reply with quote

Azooz wrote:
Hi, what is the best age to get merried? i mean you have a wife, i know you all know what i mean, it's just my writ is bad.
I think the best age is 27 for men, but for women is 23 or 20.
so, do you agree? if you don't, please tell me the best age you think is the best to get merrie for men and women, okay?

THANKS Very Happy

hope to hear from you all soon

bye ~~~

Well, I'm 22 years old and the last year I get married. My husband is mayor than me just 8 years.

The marriage is a decision, if you had a good actitud, maturity and love everything is OK.
masakyoko

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I'm a university student and our class is doing a research. If you have ever been involved in an older-woman-younger-man relationship, we will deeply appreciate it if you could spend one minute to do our survey. It is very interesting and we will tell you the result after we collect the data. It is a very important part of our academic research, so we really hope that you can do it! Thank you very much!!

for females: http://www.my3q.com/home2/160/masakyoko/79588.phtml

for males: http://www.my3q.com/home2/160/masakyoko/62122.phtml[/url]
lancesky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the perfect age for marriage. it depends. but for me,when i was broke, marriage came to my mind. i want get some money from my wife,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: