Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

computer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandisa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: computer Reply with quote

Nowadays, people use computers are very usual .First of all, computers have good side. For example, we can get lots of information that we can not go out . if we do this wo also can not waste much time. Secondly, the internate has many movies , people can look them at home instead of cinema; people also can listen free music what they want to listen. Thirdly, we can make friends more than before. It can make our life beautiful. On the other hand, computers have the bad side. For istant, if people stay with computer long time, our eyes will be bad; computers also can sent rediation, and it is bad to people's body, if it is serious, people may died.
In brief, computer has been the important tools to human, it is very useful to people do everything.
cashunec2005

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the computer is very important. Firstly, the computer is very useful for us to study English, we can use it to find the student materials, and we can use it to do our homeworks, it is very easy. Then during the weekend, we can use the computers to find some intersting movies, it is good for us to relax. Finally we can use the computer to look for what we interesting.
LAHEL7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: computer Reply with quote

i like computer.
i watch TV by computer and i chat with my friends.
rkx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i my humble opinion
computers can be good/bad, and paradox occures :]
spending too much time side by computer is not a good idea, trust me. im working 8 hours a day, struggling with source code, and other stuff associated with computers, and afterwards when i come back to my appartment, i cant even think about this machine...
recently i realize something very important, that there's are so much more interesting things than computers (i have been abroad in germany, holland, luxemburg and belgium)... simply - it is not worth it :] ... and regarding to language issue - if u want so badly to learn english, than the best way to achive this goal is to go abroad Wink
pozdroffka Wink
jessieca

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: About computer! Reply with quote

Now, computers are becoming more popular in the world because more and more people own the computer. This kind of machine brings people many benifits such as making people's live easier and more convenient. People will never do all the things all by their own, they can finish much more work than before. Meanwhile, thanks to the computer, we can know as much information as possible from internet by computers, it means we could know more about the world faster.
But a coin has two sides. There are many serious problems on computer. First, computer games are very popular among young people, but it affects children's studies. A lot of students don't want to go to school, they only want to play the computer games day and night. As a result, these children's parents worry this problem very much!
I think it is a waste of time and money if children play these game too often! I like computer and computer games, and I play in a proper way.
BAJIE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Computer and computer games ~ Reply with quote

As jessieca said, computers are now playing an important role in people's day lives. It helps people a lot, it decreases people's pressure on their work and brings happy and knowledge to them.

I often go to the internet to search all kinds of informations, for example, the informations about sports, music, news, economy and cartoons.

I like computer games too and I play these games in a certain way like jessieca. I don't play them very often because I think it will be tired and it isn't good for my eyes and heath. There are some students who are crazy about playing computer games very much in my life. They don't go to school and have classes, they tell their friends to do homework for them. Their studies become worse and worse, but they still don't care about this at all. I think they are the people who can not control themselves very well.
cashunec2005

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the computer is very important. In my opinion the internet also is the important thing. The Internet is a network of computer connections that allows millions of computer users around the world to exchange information. I think the Internet will become the most important technology in the future. There are various usages in the Internet. For example, Search, E-mail, and Download. But, there are many problems in the Inter net. For example, Virus and Unlawful access. There is no development of the Internet technology, if there problems are not solved. In order to solve these problems, I have to study many things in school. It is difficult for me. But, I do my best for future of technology.
jxtommy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: OK,computer is importnat! Reply with quote

Year,I also think computer is important,and now it seems unpractical that we can live without computer.
When I use computer,I like to talk with friends useing IM,the rest I read novels online,but I get little information online,maybe palying is more important!
kritnat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: computer Reply with quote

In my view,I think computer is important in present for several reasons. First, for education. We can use computer to search information,send the report or homework to teacher. We can use it for type and print the report. Second, for entertainment. We can use computer for entertain such as play games, listen to the radio and watch the movies.Third, for communication. In present, we can use computer for communicate with people. When you connect the internet, you can send the letter in a short time. You can chat by msn, and you can use camfrog or web-cam to see your friend. Finally, for comfortable. You can make anything on the computer such as pay for credit-card etc. It can help you to save time and money.
Inconclution, computer has many useful and important for everyone in present.

Mr.Kritnat Sriboonrueng 48290339
kritnat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nowadays, people use computers are very much .First of all, computers have good side. For example, we can get search lots of information . we can not go out .second the computer have internet. the internate has many movies , people can look them at home instead of cinema; people also can listen free music what they want to listen. Thirdly, we can make friends more than before. We can play windows live messenger. On the other hand, computers have the bad side. For istant, if people stay with computer long time, our eyes will be bad; computers also can sent rediation, and it is bad to people's body. computer games are very popular among young people, but it affects children's studies. A lot of students don't want to go to school, they only want to play the computer games day and night. As a result, these children's parents worry this problem very much. if it is serious, people may died.
In brief, computer has been the important tools to human, it is very useful to people do everything.

chaiwit
Pao18

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: The computer is interesting Reply with quote

Yes, the computer is very important because is vry useful for us study some carrer or some course, I can use the computer to find the information, and we can use to make the homeworks, in the computer also can look other things as movies or videos. The computer is good.

I like the computer becouse is very interesting, and I like because I study Computer engineer.
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you know a bit about computers, it may help you get a good job. Smile

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
eddfx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!
I too love computers. Actually, I love the software that is installed on computers. Razz

There are some myths about computers damaging your eyes that I see some of you believe. Here, let me clear up some old wives tales for you. Very Happy

MYTH: Prolonged viewing of computer screens damages your eyes.

TRUTH: There is no scientific evidence that any permanent damage to your eyes can occur in this way.

MYTH: Reading in dim or poor light is harmful to your eyes, may ruin them, or may cause you to need eyeglasses.

TRUTH: Your eyes are not harmed by reading in dim light. They may get tired because of the extra effort it takes to see clearly, but no damage will occur.

Staring at the computer for a long time will make your eyes feel tired, dry or heavy, but it is not yet proven that it causes any permanent damage to your eyesight.

Also, If some of you are worried that your computer gives off radiation and if they do, is it a dangerous amount?

Answers:
the monitors do. You are suppose to keep them 18 inches away from you. All electronics give off some radiation. It is very weak and of no biological consequence that we know of.

So now you can stare at the computer for hours without worry now! Very Happy
anil

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: computer Reply with quote

I can use to computer for researching .The target is supply max useful and we are playing the computer games.It meets us with friends. We can do the chat .
happy13579girl

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: let me say something. Reply with quote

recently I bought a computer. It is very useful. I can use it to do my homework, like some webpages and ppts etc.
But sometimes, I just can't control myself wasting my time on some entertainment websites.
So we should make good use of computer so that it can bring more benefits to us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Computers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: