Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

do you plan to go abroad?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Holidays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maaki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:36 am    Post subject: do you plan to go abroad? Reply with quote

hi! my name is Maaki. i'm Japanese girl, 17 years old.
now, i'm going to go to Australia this summer vacation. i'll leave Japan this Friday! i'm so exited Laughing i like studying English so i want to go more foreign countries. do you like traveling? or if you have been to Japan, please tell me how it was! i'm looking forward your email. bye!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Laughing I like traveling very much too though I haven't been to many places. I think Japan is worth visiting but I need to save up more money before going there. I have learnt Japanese for two years but I'm afraid that I can make Japanese people understand me. Do Japanese people speak much English?
Maaki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 2011, thank you for your reply! I've just been to Sydney and it was wonderful! I could make many friends there and my English skill was certainly developed Very Happy I really want to be back there again....
By the way, Japanese people can speak English. Junior HSC students & HSC student must study English so at least everyone knows some English words. And I think Japanese people are kind to foreigners so don't worry!
Japanese is very difficult language. Even me, japanese sometimes can't find which word is correct....LOL Now i have a question! are you female or male? and where are you from? why do you study Japanese? i'm looking forward to see your reply. see ya!
Corey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maakie,

How long were you in Australia?? Did you like your school?

Corey
Maaki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi corey. i stayed in australia for 2 weeks. i really enjoyed my school life there Laughing do you often go abroad?
brini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:27 am    Post subject: travel nerves Reply with quote

Hi!
I`m from Germany, I haven`t yet been in Japanese. But I think it would be very interesting for me. I love travelling and other countries.
I thought about going abroad for 12 months and go to school there. I`m convinced it would be an unforgettable experience. But I have still to go to school for 3 years, while I`ll stay at home.But afterward I`ll surely go abroad and discover the world:-)
Next year I want to go to England in the holidays, I`m looking forward to this journey!
Cheers!
BakaGaijin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never really gone anywhere outside the US other than a trip to Mexico for 2 days. Of course it's not much of a vacation when you have people throwing up around you all the time. I'll be going to Japan soon on vacation. If you have any suggestions on where I should go I'd appreciate it Maaki!

I'm Kevin Tillman.
Japanese Exchange and Teaching ALT
shsun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject: Studying on abroad Reply with quote

I think that studying on abroad can be one of special events in your life.
Good for you.
Like you, I stayed at New York City for 1 year and met a lot of good friends there. I have always been missed that time in NYC. Very Happy
I really envy you, now.
How a great time there!!! And good luck!
Maaki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone
i'm glad to receive your replies:) i think going abroad is really good to learn other culture and different lifesrtyle. don't you think so?
i will go to South Korea next spring! it is a school trip. while staying there, we can go anywhere we want to go. does anyone know good places to visit?
Maaki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone
i'm glad to receive your replies:) i think going abroad is really good to learn other culture and different lifesrtyle. don't you think so?
i will go to South Korea next spring! it is a school trip. while we're staying there, we can go anywhere we want to go. does anyone know good places to visit?
gold ring

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:56 am    Post subject: hiii Reply with quote

Hiiiii for all
i will told u about my experience in student girls hostel of university it was bad experience there were alot of roles we should to fallow it in first semester the mobile was not allowed , we cant deliver from any restuarent out side the hostel , there were only one resuarent and one small supermarket , we can returned to home on weekend sometimes when we have exam we dont reurned to home and it was take one month realy i dont like this experience by the way this university in my country it has good study but not comfotable i was studding there engineering and i have been there one and ahalf year now i transfeered to higher callege now am in a good case and i dont want to study abroad one time more
Eigo-Mike

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds really strict!! Shocked

What kind of school was it! Evil or Very Mad

I don`t think most schools are like that, I know a few that are much less strict. Cool

How about staying with a host family? The rules will vary between different families, but you`ll probably find you have more freedom.

And you`ll get to live with people and experience everyday life and language more..
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really agree what Maaki and Shsun said.Studying on abroad is a special experience to have in your life.
I,myself,had experience that once when I was eight years old,me and my family moved to New York city just for studying,but unfortunately,I am now back in Taiwan.So,Maaki,you really made me so jealous Very Happy
By the way,I wish you could make a lot friends and will have a great time there Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
@Hola

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: G' day Reply with quote

hi,all i'm supit, thai college student,Bangkok,thailand. Very Happy i really like travelling and i wanna go to foreign countries to learn more experiences and the distinct cultures. well, i have been in Panama for 1 year and that place let me learn many things. i saw many difference things there, especially the culture that really difference from thailand and i think that the experience made me stronger and grow up. i learnt how to stay alone in the place that i never heard before...i think i will go back to see friend and the host family there if i have the best chance. anyway, i absolutely want to go abroad for studying and learning more knowledges. also i really love English and spanish... well, i will do it best!!!
ok! see you all
tanyami

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Traveling in Thailand Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy
Hi! Maaki my name is nui. I�m 18 years old. I�m from Thailand. I used to study Japanese because I hope to go to Japan. Have you ever come to Thailand? I think my country is so beautiful and Thai people love smile. I like to go to Karnjanaburi because it has many waterfall and forest. If you interest to come to Thailand, you can contact me by sending email. BYE!
Cool Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Holidays All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: