Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A joke about China:Terrorists are afraid of China
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ltp-008

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: A joke about China:Terrorists are afraid of China Reply with quote

A joke about China--China is number one country terrorists are afraid of

Bin Laden said: " China is number one country we are afraid of".

Al-Qaida organization sent five terrorists to attack China, the results were:

First terrorist intended to blast a cloverleaf junction in China , however he fainted on the crossroad bridge thanks to the complexity of this cloverleaf junction.

Second terrorist intended to bomb a Chinese public bus, however he was not able to get on that bus because too many people are already on that bus and he failed .

Third terrorist intended to blast a Chinese supermarket , but his remote controller was stolen and he couldn't detonate the bomb.

Fourth terrorist planed to bomb a Chinese tall building, however he was beaten nearly to death by a Chinese security guard, and the guard shouted : " Why do you want your wage back? Why do you want to accuse our leaders of wrongdoings ? "

The final terrorist succeeded in bombing a coal mine in China and hundreds of miners died. When he safely returned back to Al-Quida, however he didn't hear any news about this explosion after half year had been passed, finally he was executed for lie by Bin Laden. lol
ad-miral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing It really pictures the situation in China very well, the crowded bus and the government controlled media Laughing

How glad that you are such a China-fan, you talk about nothing else. Mr. Green
RedRose

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:

Or Itp-008 isn't a real China-fan. I guess she or her grandmother or her mother was raped by Chinese men. that may explain her hatred towards China. if my guess is wrong, then sorry, Itp-008.

Another explanation: Itp-008 is an unsuccessful Chinese person, however, she never pins her failure on her lack of ability, instead, she likes to pin her bad destiny on China's policy or China's leaders. actually, if you are unsuccessful at your work or your promotion, you should blame yourself. because in China, some people also are high up in the pictures, I mean, those capable people. but the others are not so successful, mainly due to the lack of their skills and ability.

If one person blames everyone and everything but not herself, she is never gonna make it.
+Immune+

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose, don't you think it would be a good idea if you chill out a bit? This place is nothing but a student forum so that everybody is welcome to stress their opinions on every topic. Can't you be non-committal more often? I know sometimes it's really hard to restrain yourself and reply calmly but that's what they call a "dialogue". I am not quite sure if stating that somebody was raped is the best way to express your own opinion. I fully understand that you want to defend your country from wrong accusations and made-up beliefs or opinions but I would be glad if you make it in an appropriate way here. China must be a wonderful country, but alike elsewhere, we'd find there a great number of things that are illogical and funny. That's the reason the jokes are invented for, isn't it? To underline such events, facts or myths...

"Tolerance is the greatest virtue"

Well, um.. "Never open the refrigerator when you're bored" Smile
RedRose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+Immune+ wrote:
I am not quite sure if stating that somebody was raped is the best way to express your own opinion.

I wasn't stating that. actually, that was just a guess, not a statement. Very Happy if you go through all Itp-008's posts, you will find that she talks about nothing but her complaint and attack against China. I know China isn't that perfect, but I just can't figure out why someone hates a country so terribly. so I figured out some guesses. and I already said:"if my guess is wrong, then sorry."

IMHO, my second guess makes more sense. I mean, mainly, I still think Itp-008 is an unsuccessful Chinese person. that's why she blames everyone and everything but not herself.

Some unsuccessful people pin their failure on their lack of ability and skills, but some people don't. instead, they pin their unsuccess on their country/their leaders/ their society. that's exactly what a coward dose.
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+Immune+ wrote:
RedRose, don't you think it would be a good idea if you chill out a bit? China must be a wonderful country, but alike elsewhere, we'd find there a great number of things that are illogical and funny. That's the reason the jokes are invented for, isn't it? To underline such events, facts or myths...

RedRose is known for being ribald and caustically humorous. It's her forum personality. Add to this the fact that in some Chinese societies humor can be very blunt. It's her way of expression when she has a difference of opinion with someone. Most people tolerate it well - just as you suggest.

ltp-008 is known for writing long opinion pieces foaming with invective aimed at China's government, sometimes Chinese society, and often critical of Chinese people. This is the first time I have seen humor in ltp-008's posting. It's good to see an attempt at a new style of communication - though the message is the same. Most people tolerate ltp-008 as well.

However, ltp-008's "joke" is a jab at China, and Chinese culture and people. It's fair for someone (especially a Chinese someone) to jab back.

They both have passion, they both have energy, they both have personality. They add a bit of spice to the mix. I agree with ltp-008 far less than I do with RedRose - but I appreciate that they both participate.

Spice is better appreciated with a grain of salt. Smile

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
RedRose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beancurdturtle wrote:
They both have passion, they both have energy, they both have personality. They add a bit of spice to the mix.

However, they(Itp and Redrose) have different skills of argument, the later is far more intelligent Laughing and the former....is very incapable Very Happy

beancurdturtle wrote:
but I appreciate that they both participate.

Yeah!! without any of them, this forum will be sooo boring!! Itp-008 and RedRose both make this forum a perfect paradise!!

beancurdturtle wrote:

Maybe spice is better appreciated with some body juice Very Happy
ad-miral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Or Itp-008 isn't a real China-fan. I guess she or her grandmother or her mother was raped by Chinese men. that may explain her hatred towards China. if my guess is wrong, then sorry, Itp-008.

Laughing What a guess. If you take the other postings of her into account, this guess really seems possible Laughing
ltp-008

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose wrote:
ad-miral wrote:

Another explanation: Itp-008 is an unsuccessful Chinese person, however, she never pins her failure on her lack of ability, instead, she likes to pin her bad destiny on China's policy or China's leaders. actually, if you are unsuccessful at your work or your promotion, you should blame yourself. because in China, some people also are high up in the pictures, I mean, those capable people. but the others are not so successful, mainly due to the lack of their skills and ability.

If one person blames everyone and everything but not herself, she is never gonna make it.

I initally didn't want to comment about your stupid , immoral and mental disorder reply, honestly I don't have any hatred feelings toward to China, I respect all Chinese and its culture, but you should know the different among the country, government and communist party, hope you can become clever self-thinker somedays in the future.

No matter of how you think about me, I am sure that I am far more successful than you , your superiors and even all your relatives , but this is not my point, my point is that you should learn some social manner and reasoningly debate with other posters, sleeping with your superiors may get your some advantages, what if your husband finds your affairs? flirting with some stupid boobs in this forum doesn't make you more attractive, you shouldn't have lost your self-esteem to flatter to him, he is just a jerk in the States.

Finally if what I said had offended you , I am sorry for this, hope you can become reasonable lady to debate with other posters in this forum in the future even though you are angry on their posts.
ltp-008

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beancurdturtle wrote:
+Immune+ wrote:
RedRose, don't you think it would be a good idea if you chill out a bit? China must be a wonderful country, but alike elsewhere, we'd find there a great number of things that are illogical and funny. That's the reason the jokes are invented for, isn't it? To underline such events, facts or myths...

RedRose is known for being ribald and caustically humorous. It's her forum personality. Add to this the fact that in some Chinese societies humor can be very blunt. It's her way of expression when she has a difference of opinion with someone. Most people tolerate it well - just as you suggest.

ltp-008 is known for writing long opinion pieces foaming with invective aimed at China's government, sometimes Chinese society, and often critical of Chinese people. This is the first time I have seen humor in ltp-008's posting. It's good to see an attempt at a new style of communication - though the message is the same. Most people tolerate ltp-008 as well.

However, ltp-008's "joke" is a jab at China, and Chinese culture and people. It's fair for someone (especially a Chinese someone) to jab back.

They both have passion, they both have energy, they both have personality. They add a bit of spice to the mix. I agree with ltp-008 far less than I do with RedRose - but I appreciate that they both participate.

Firstly I want to let people here know that I respect China, all Chinese people and Chinese culture, what this guy said in his post are wrong and ridiculous.

Turtle ,you can have your own views about me no matter of what they are, but do you want to know my views about you, honestly you are a jerk whom I have ever seen in this forum, please don't be too inferior, you can improve yourself when you grow up, however if you are naturely lack of human quality you will never become a smart guy. Good luck~
ltp-008

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
Quote:

Laughing What a guess. If you take the other postings of her into account, this guess really seems possible Laughing

You shouldn't have lost your dignity , if you don't agree with me on my other posts being a gentleman to debate, insulting and slandering others don't make someone more powerful and successful, hope you can know this basic principle for being a real gentleman.
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltp-008 wrote:
Firstly I want to let people here know that I respect China, all Chinese people and Chinese culture, what this guy said in his post are wrong and ridiculous.

First, what I wrote was about your writing, not a personal attack. I wrote, "ltp-008 is known for writing long opinion pieces foaming with invective aimed at China's government, sometimes Chinese society, and often critical of Chinese people." And this is an accurate statement.

What you wrote about me is different, "honestly you are a jerk whom I have ever seen in this forum, please don't be too inferior, you can improve yourself when you grow up, however if you are naturely lack of human quality you will never become a smart guy." It is personal insults, and it is false. It is not the best way to increase your credibility.

I did not say that you do not "respect China, all Chinese people and Chinese culture." I can't stop you from seeing what you wish to see in my writing. But attempting to discredit me by putting words in my mouth, it will have very little effect on a discerning reader.

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
ltp-008

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beancurdturtle wrote:
ltp-008 wrote:

First, what I wrote was about your writing, not a personal attack. I wrote, "ltp-008 is known for writing long opinion pieces foaming with invective aimed at China's government, sometimes Chinese society, and often critical of Chinese people." And this is an accurate statement.

What you wrote about me is different, "honestly you are a jerk whom I have ever seen in this forum, please don't be too inferior, you can improve yourself when you grow up, however if you are naturely lack of human quality you will never become a smart guy." It is personal insults, and it is false. It is not the best way to increase your credibility.

I did not say that you do not "respect China, all Chinese people and Chinese culture." I can't stop you from seeing what you wish to see in my writing. But attempting to discredit me by putting words in my mouth, it will have very little effect on a discerning reader.

"honestly you are a jerk whom I have ever seen in this forum, please don't be too inferior, you can improve yourself when you grow up, however if you are naturely lack of human quality you will never become a smart guy."

This is what I exactly think about you, hope you can improve yourself in the future, if you felt being offended, I am sorry for this, sometimes you twisted other people's words for your own purposes, sometimes you offended others you pretend not to realize them, so you need to learn a lot of Moral Verse, hope you can really understand what Louzi said in his Moral Verse. Good luck.
ontheway

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!!!! Please focus on the theme , never the personal atacking.

This Humor I have seen before has something in chinese reality.No one can deny that Chinese democracy is not built so well till now. But we have to see that there is still great development in democracy in this country. Please wish a thing is going to be better.
China has its own weakpoint which should not be ignored. If someone want to use them as his own nationalist tool, I will be very sorry.
RedRose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltp-008 wrote:

I initally didn't want to comment about your stupid , immoral and mental disorder reply, honestly I don't have any hatred feelings toward to China, I respect all Chinese and its culture, but you should know the different among the country, government and communist party, hope you can become clever self-thinker somedays in the future.

Come on! you do! you do have some terrible hetrad towards China, just read all your twisted posts. anyone can come to a clear conclusion. time for you to check your dirty heart. (if you feel offended, sorry. but that's what you deserve.)

ltp-008 wrote:

No matter of how you think about me, I am sure that I am far more successful than you , your superiors and even all your relatives , but this is not my point, my point is that you should learn some social manner and reasoningly debate with other posters, sleeping with your superiors may get your some advantages, what if your husband finds your affairs? .

You are successful??? haha! who would buy that? you told us you were successful, then you are?? are you? and you are more successful than all my relatives? hahahahaha~!!! poor little one! you don't even know any of them!!1 Laughing honey, you are so hilarious!!come on! you don't have to lie on this forum, even when you are losing every argument, you know, that wouldn't work out anyway. besides, honey, it's you who should learn some social manners, that way you wouldn't have embarassed yourself like that. and, you slept with your superiors?? congratulations!! you did well!

Itp wrote:
flirting with some stupid boobs in this forum doesn't make you more attractive, you shouldn't have lost your self-esteem to flatter to him, he is just a jerk in the States.

what's wrong with some sex jokes? any sex joke can freak you out? you are such a prude!! Laughing sweet, I am sure you are a dull person, you have a hard time to get any humor Laughing and I am sure you are living a boring life, but that's not your fault, you are born boring, due to your gene Laughing
Quote:
Finally if what I said had offended you , I am sorry for this, hope you can become reasonable lady to debate with other posters in this forum in the future even though you are angry on their posts.

I am sooo glad that you have learnt some of my argument skills!! I used to tell you"don't get angry so easily". and now, you told the same thing! Laughing Laughing however, you have to admit, you definitely didn't learn the soul of my argument skills!! Laughing you just learned some form Laughing you see, of all my students, you are the slowest one, I am sooo sorry Very Happy honey, if you promise to be reasonable in the future, I will teach you more about my argument skills. Laughing Honestly, again, you are not good at argument. you still have a long road to walk on Laughing

Last edited by RedRose on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: