Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The simpsons's movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like The Simpsons?
Yep
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

hoshi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: The simpsons's movie Reply with quote

Have you heard about this?
Some cities named Springfield are fighting because they want the movie to be filmed there

The Simpsons Very Happy
+Immune+

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoshi wrote:
Some cities named Springfield are fighting because they want the movie to be filmed there

As far as I know, "Springfield" is the most common and popular name of the towns in the USA. There are places named "Springfield" in 34 different states, at least four in Wisconsin and not less than nine in Pennsylvania.

I wonder which one will succeed... Laughing

Well, um.. "Never open the refrigerator when you're bored" Smile
hoshi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+Immune+ wrote:

As far as I know, "Springfield" is the most common and popular name of the towns in the USA. There are places named "Springfield" in 34 different states, at least four in Wisconsin and not less than nine in Pennsylvania.

That's the interesting point Cool
Which one of those cities is going to have that kind of privilege? Rolling Eyes
ad-miral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a movie of Simpsons! I wonder how the actors will look like Laughing
+Immune+

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
a movie of Simpsons! I wonder how the actors will look like Laughing

I've heared that real actors will be replaced with the animated characters so as to avoid sewing special costumes which are obviously very difficult to made. As far as I know, the worst thing was to create a mask imitating Simpson's face. I can't imagine how stupid would they look like... Laughing

hoshi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+Immune+ wrote:

I've heared that real actors will be replaced with the animated characters so as to avoid sewing special costumes which are obviously very difficult to made.

I think they will look like the Flinstones in their movie or something similar to that.
+Immune+

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoshi wrote:
I think they will look like the Flinstones in their movie or something similar to that.

Exactly! I suppose that's the reason the movie producers had given up this idea. People in the cinema would laugh their heads off and the cause of their reaction wouldn't be witty dialogues between the characters of the movie but their silly appearance. Very Happy

ad-miral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been a basketball movie by warner bros. movie world, with bugs bunny etc. I forgot it's name, but I watched it in cinema. It's very good. It's also a combination of real characters (basketball players) and cartoons.
+Immune+

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably mean "Space Jam". I've seen it too, very funny one especially when I watched it for the first time as a child. Although the movie is quite old (11 yrs old) I must admit that computer animation and special effects were of pretty high quality.

ad-miral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly! I mean Space Jam! Thanks very much. Haha it was so funny
hoshi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+Immune+ wrote:
...very funny one especially when I watched it for the first time as a child... I must admit that computer animation and special effects were of pretty high quality.

Yep It is too funny. I saw it when I was 8 years old (:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: