Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sometimes i hate eating
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Food
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ad-miral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi VANE, it's good that we share a similar hobby. You know I'm doing kickboxing and I also had fights like you. I think we always feel a little fear before the fight and it's very normal. (That's why I always go to toilet before fightings)

Karate seems to be a popular sport among girls, so it's good for you. But I have heared that people do a lot of throwdowns in Karate... Don't you feel embarassed when the trainer grabs you and throws you down? lol Laughing

I rather prefer kickboxing.
VANE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jajaja It sounds very funny the topic about the toilet, but I have to admit, that I do too. Laughing

When I felt down, I don't feel like embarassed is more like upset with myself because you are suppose not to let the other person to throw you.

What I practice is Kenpo Karate and we use punches and kicks in all the body, but for example, the tournament I had on Sunday was of
Tae-kwon-do so you have to fight with their rules, that's why you just can kick the stomach and face ( no legs nor back ) and give punches only at the level of the stomach. It was very difficult because I'm usual to knock everywhere and to use my knee to defend, but there you can't.

And what about you and your Kickboxing???? Wink
J@n@

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I always get a shock,
if I weight lesser

mmm yes of course, thats right... usually im not shocked, if i weight a little bit lesser (because it goes up and down all the time), but at the moment it was a little bit more and it was a little bit weird to loose so much weight.. Confused But everyone's saying that's just because of love and i don't need to worry Confused Laughing
J@n@

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh that's great!! Smile Wink Really cool that you won!! Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile So my wishes really worked Wink ! But i think you can be proud of yourself - although i don't know anything about karate, i think (i don't know anything at all about it, please tell me if i'm wrong) that if you won against someone who is - as you said - physically stronger, it shows how good you are Wink

okay Embarassed enough of telling you how good you are Wink Wink Very Happy

well, this weekend i was together with my friends. We were at "my" house, they slept here, too. And we drank a little bit alcohol.. Wink and my friends say that i would have been drunken, but i wasn't! Embarassed I could have done everything i wanted to do; i could have walked a straight line if they hadn't made me laugh... Embarassed Wink Cool We played singstar - it's a karoke-game - and talked a lot... and we sang a little bit Laughing But that was outside of the house, too... Embarassed Laughing
We have a long weekend, which means that we have no school till Wednesday - and that's great.. Smile So that was the reason for our little ... i can't call it party because it wasn't, but.. it's just been a little meeting of us all.. Wink
ad-miral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Vane, so you don't mind a boy grabbing you and touching you and so on, while throwing you? Laughing I would be very embarassed if a girl who is not my girlfriend touches me etc.
I had tournament in Duisburg last saturday. I've never been in such a big tournament yet. Such a big hall, with music, restaurant, and a big ring for the fights. Our team exists of 5 guys. Only one of us lost (but I have to admit his opponent was maybe a bit unfair)

Kickboxing rules are- Don't box your opponent with "Innenh�nde" Don't use elbow or knee, don't box or kick the other one if he is on the ground. (And maybe don't throw)
Normally I also try to knock my knee on the opponent's shinbone, as a defense if he does lowkicks. You know although they are not allowed you can use them sometimes, because you only get negative scores for fouls. If you achieve that the opponent is K.O., then you can forget about scores.
Do you use any shinbone protection at tournaments? Well we didn't use, and it hurts a lot, especially after the fight, because you don't notice it during the fight... Hmm, enough!

Jana alcohol is not good, when I was at your age, I never drank any alcohol.
J@n@

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jana alcohol is not good, when I was at your age, I never drank any alcohol.

I don't drink that much. I think i wasn't even drunken till yet - the first time i drank something was New Year and it wasn't that much. (Well, i didn't need much)
On top of that, the last weekend was just my second time to be nearly drunken.. There are many friends of mine who have to drink so much to be drunken because they are used to it - i think i never want to be used to it, besides it's cheaper.. Laughing Okay, not funny, i've never been funny.. Embarassed
One of my best friends was the first time drunken in the age of only 13 - in this age i just tasted V+ (it's kind of beer), and it didn't taste me. So i never drank anything more, and i never missed something. But i just wanted to try something new, experience something i have never done before. I think it wasn't such a big crime. I'm not dead, my body has no average taken by this and i'm not addicted. Where's the problem?
VANE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
hi Vane, so you don't mind a boy grabbing you and touching you and so on, while throwing you? Laughing Do you use any shinbone protection at tournaments?

Hi ad-miral. Sorry for answer you so late. Sad I love the pictures you had put! And well, I don't know if I missunderstood you, but I really don't like to be touching by the guys as you imagine!!!!! Embarassed Don't think that about me!!!!!! By the way, I think I'm really lucky of having karatemates that respect me a lot. Laughing And it depends of the way they throw me down if I get embarrassed

And for answering your question, yes we do. We use shinbone, teeth and head protection. And you use chest protection depending of your age (just kids). This in Kenpo Karate but all of this changes when you are going to figth in a tournament of a different style.

By the way, I've something to tell you that is important for me; on April 28th I have a Kenpo tournament in Venezuela. It sounds very exciting, because I'm not going to faith only, I'll participate in forms and a kind of personal defence demostration and that's why right now I'm trainning almost all week (5 days).

I hope to do it well!!! Very Happy

But tell me: Why did you choose to practice this sport and not other more common? And What do you think that a girl practice this kind of sport? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Food All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: