Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Love between a female teacher and a male student

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Love is not confined by age?
Right!
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
I don't think so!
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
It all depends...
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
This question sucks
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Willzee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Love between a female teacher and a male student Reply with quote

We've all heard of underground love affairs between a male teacher and a female student in campus. But scarcely the other way around. Now here's one real case that happened and is happening within the realm of my life! Not me who's that male student. I'm involved as a classmate (also a friend) of a male 19-year-old high school student in Hong Kong (a small yet equally modern land compared with the U.S.), who went on an amazing secret relationship with a female gorgeously beautiful English teacher who looks 27 years old but is in fact more than 10 years older than him. I'm not gonna get their names and details out in the open for moral reasons. But one thing is that it happened! A true story around me.

I found it hard to believe I was keeping a real secret in the first place. But seeing is believing right? And I also questioned, why him, not me who's so lucky to be in such an eccentric yet dream-like relationship? I envy him; on the other hand I worry about him and the angel-faced teacher who was once my class teacher. You know, beauty goes with age and love wears off. Do you guys have similar stories that happened around you ? And do you think such an age difference is a blockade? Or will it work out in the end?

Last edited by Willzee on Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
mmmmm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Love between a female teacher and a male student Reply with quote

Willzee wrote:
We've all heard of underground love affairs between a male teacher and a female student in campus. But scarcely the other way around. Now here's one real case that happened and is happening within the realm of my life! Not me who's that male student. I'm involved as a classmate (also a friend) of a male 19-year-old high school student in Hong Kong (a small yet equally modern land compared with the U.S.), who went on an amazing secret relationship with a female gorgeously beautiful English teacher who looks 27 years old but is in fact more than 10 years older than him. I'm not gonna get their names and details in the open for moral reasons. But one thing is that it happened! A true story around me.

I found it hard to believe I was keeping a real secret in the first place. But seeing is believing right? And I also questioned, why him, not me who's so lucky to be in such an eccentric yet dream-like relationship? I envy him; on the other hand I worry about him and the angel-faced teacher who was once my class teacher. You know, beauty goes with age and love wears off. Do you guys have similar stories that happened around you ? And do you think such an age difference is a blockade? Or will it work out in the end?

I am on the pro.

It's possible to love his teacher and the teacher could fall in love with her student.

Hence no love is confined by age.

Love should be confined by love itself.

However, i want to say that it will be very hard.

Especially in a country like Korea where Confucian tradition dominates its culture, it's not likely to happen and if so it won't be easy getting along with other people for the fact that a teacher and a student fell in love.

I think the age does not really matter if they love each other. What matters is the relation. If they can just cope with it, there's nothing stopping them.

Because there's nothing love can't penetrate.
barrymore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject: Bless!!!! Reply with quote

i wish they will be beatific!!!!!!! Very Happy
Does the female teacher have a bf?
I believe the ture love!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Don't worry!I think you couldn't help them Rolling Eyes
Let it be............
Sweet AYA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Time will tell Reply with quote

I do think it's possible for such a relationship to come along. But it's hardly to foresee or tell how this relationship would end.. I think only time will tell you whether your friend will always treat this teacher the same loving way when she grows older and no longer looks pretty, and only time will tell whether this female teacher would dump him becase of another man whose age is closer to hers. But to me, the age difference is surely not a problem, and neither is it to this female teacher right? or else she wouldn't have accepted your friend as her boyfriend and her would-be husband.

Love is great but can also be fickle.. As his friend, I think you could just wish them the best.

Many boys nowadays tend to fall in love with girls older than them.. Even some starlets do. Take Ashton Kutcher in the U.S. and Nicolas Tsang in HK for two big examples. But not every woman loves young boys, most of them are just known to be punks~ I guess your friend has to be an exceptionally mature one in a thousand, right?

I'm Aya Cheng. A gal from HK.^^

Last edited by Sweet AYA on Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Corey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wil be extremely difficult. If the school finds out about the affair the teacher will lose her job. I do hear about affairs like this sometimes, but in general most teachers strongly resist any kind of adventures like this.

Corey
Willzee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: A difference between the US and HK Reply with quote

Corey wrote:
It wil be extremely difficult. If the school finds out about the affair the teacher will lose her job. I do hear about affairs like this sometimes, but in general most teachers strongly resist any kind of adventures like this.

Corey

Affairs like this are in fact abound all around the world. Not just in the US and HK. And in 99 percent of these cases, the older one is a male teacher. But what I wanna get across is that in HK, I have never heard of a teacher being axed 'cause of a relationship with a student who in most cases as I was saying is a female and is close to graduation. And the ending is these teachers and students actually get married with their headmasters attending their weddings. Of course, their weddings come after the students' graduation.

However in America which is known as a country of absolute freedom in the world (right?), those teachers are axed? I'm not doubting what you said, 'coz I also heard of that it's true. But anyway, this is a difference between Hong Kong and the US.

Probably this is not about comparison of freedom. This is about common senses. If the student is too young and is not even close to graduation, a sensible teacher wouldn't fall in love with him or her, right? Plus, a responsible teacher and a mature student (who's mature enough to love and to be loved) wouldn't easily disclose their relationship to others or do something somewhere it's easy to be discovered about their affair, right?
Corey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't doubt that they happen all the time at all. In fact I would bet that some ESL school actively encourage teachers to flirt with students as a way to increase enrollment. But I think at most "reputable" schools the teacher would get the axe. In fact today I read about a case in HK where a teacher was fired from a Canadian school for just such a thing.

Corey
renisha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think it's possible for such a relationship to come along. But it's hardly to foresee or tell how this relationship would end.. I think only time will tell you whether your friend will always treat this teacher the same loving way when she grows older and no longer looks pretty, and only time will tell whether this female teacher would dump him becase of another man whose age is closer to hers. But to me, the age difference is surely not a problem, and neither is it to this female teacher right? or else she wouldn't have accepted your friend as her boyfriend and her would-be husband.

Love is great but can also be fickle.. As his friend, I think you could just wish them the best.

Many boys nowadays tend to fall in love with girls older than them.. Even some starlets do. Take Ashton Kutcher in the U.S. and Nicolas Tsang in HK for two big examples. But not every woman loves young boys, most of them are just known to be punks~ I guess your friend has to be an exceptionally mature one in a thousand, right?

this is really stupid
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Marine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had heard of the underground love affairs between student and students, but scarely between student and teacher, especially between a younger male student and a older female teacher. You know, In mainland China, especially at 70's and 80's, the rule of high school is very severe. If something like this was discoverd, there is only one thing to do with the student and the teacher, firing both of them.

Is it very severe? surely. But there are still many affairs as it happened.
And take myself for example, I have fallen in love with a girl in my class.
and we both will face the entrance examination to the college and know what is the most important thing this time. we help each other in study and through this our hearts between closer and closer, but it dose not make little bad effect on our study, in the end we both recieved the enrollment notebook of a university.

Now many years later, she is my wife.
So what I want to say is love is not confined by age, if you get your true love, don't give up and never give up. and what do you need to do is also make it clear what is the most important thing and how to cope with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: