Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

-God- without answer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oriani

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAIT!!! My topic wasn't about Religion. I never wrote that, or yes??? I just asked what was your opinion, your thoughts (maybe) about how you think God appeared... that's it!! Confused I better close this discussion.. well.. the moderator..

Thanks anyway for your time...
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddfx wrote:
I will go find a fun topic to enjoy rather than talking to a brick wall. Wink

beancurdturtle,
A simple solution for you and I, is that you stay on topic and do not criticize my opinions and insult me, my wife or my friends anymore. Your pettiness and your false facts are not entertaining for me anymore.

Hahaha! Once again you puzzle and entertain me. You know, if you pick up a mirror - there you will find your brick wall.

Why do you insist on reading things that were not said into my words? I intended no insult, if you felt insulted it was through your own perception.

Why do you insist on calling me a liar? I don't think it's because you want to be obtuse - I think you actually believe I am lying. Mind boggling.

You certainly have a unique and strong personality. But there are quite a few unique and strong personalities here (including mine) - I can appreciate that.

You know what... don't bother answering my questions, they are largely rhetorical anyway. Instead of "agreeing to disagree," I'll just continue to be entertained - and you can continue to be you.

What a funny guy Rolling Eyes

Very Happy

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oriani wrote:
WAIT!!! My topic wasn't about Religion. I never wrote that, or yes??? I just asked what was your opinion, your thoughts (maybe) about how you think God appeared... that's it!! Confused I better close this discussion.. well.. the moderator..

Thanks anyway for your time...

Your topic was about people's concept of God. There were some interesting replies tucked in amongst the conversation.

I have yet to see a topic stay on focus - but take heart, yours has not strayed too far. There's wheat amongst the chaff. Smile

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
Oriani

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok!!!
hoshi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beancurdturtle wrote:
The Tao is part of everything, and everything is part of The Tao. Even that orange you are eating.
So I guess that orange must taste like heaven. Right? Very Happy

You guess Confused you can not know how does it taste because you ahve never taste my orange. It is the same with God. I felt it sometimes in my life.
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoshi wrote:
You guess Confused you can not know how does it taste because you ahve never taste my orange. It is the same with God. I felt it sometimes in my life.

I was born and raised a Christian. I have tasted an orange very nearly the same as yours. Smile

I feel The Tao (God) all the time in my life. Smile

--Dr. Seuss
hoshi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry I thougth you didn't believe in God.
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoshi wrote:
Oh sorry I thougth you didn't believe in God.

Depends on semantics and point of view I suppose.

It's more an opinion than a belief. And it's not the "Christian God" as I am no longer a Christian. Smile

--Dr. Seuss
hoshi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My God is not christian. It is just my God. If God were christian What would happen with the catholic people? or the Muslims? or the budhists? That's why I am not a monk. I can not understand How can they live thinking that there is a God for each religion. Then just certain people will be saved and it can not be a good God. I think, If buda were the real God, What is going to happen to me and other people. I don't know. I just believe in God. But I don't believe in religion
Oriani

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good analysis.
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oriani wrote:
Good analysis.

I agree.

--Dr. Seuss
Oriani

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way,in my opinion, I don't know, for me the answer of my question is not foud, I mean.. He appeared from the nothing Confused I better think in other things rather than unanswered qustions, lol ( for those who believe, ok?).
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oriani wrote:
I better think in other things rather than unanswered questions, lol .

I agree a great deal with your statement. That's why in my first answer I said it was irrelevant.
Smile

--Dr. Seuss
RedRose

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoshi wrote:
That's why I am not a monk. I can not understand How can they live thinking that there is a God for each religion.

I am not a monk either, though not because of God, but because I can't give up my lovelife. Imagine: a monk can't date anyone he/she loves. That's terrible! Besides, I love to eat meat, but a monk has to be a vegetarian, That's even more terrible!

Look, no meat, no sex, then no fun!
Oriani

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose wrote:

Look, no meat, no sex, then no fun!

That's so true!!!!! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: