Site Search:
 
Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you think money is important to be happy?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think money is important to be happy?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

Author Message
hoshi



Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 564
Location: At the best place of your dreams :D Loveland

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Do you think money is important to be happy? Reply with quote

What do you think?
_________________
God gave us two ears to hear, two eyes to see and two hands to hold. But why did God gave us only one heart? Because He wants us to find the other one!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Rogerlz



Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 216
Location: Costa Rica

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the money is not the most important thing in life but... is necesary, for surviving!!!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
hoshi



Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 564
Location: At the best place of your dreams :D Loveland

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think that money it is VERY important, there are a lot of people who say that if you have your family with you, your friends and all the people you love, you must be happy... Confused

But what happens if you have all this people around you and you don't have a house to live or food to eat, most of us in this forum are not having this problem but that's a real situation in the world.

Another example: Supose you have children, Will you be happy if they are with you? you will say "Yes" (I hope Very Happy ) but If you don't have money to give them all what they need? will you be happy?

That's why I think money is very important, it doesn't gives you the happiness but you need it to be happy.

Unfortunatly this is the real world Confused
_________________
God gave us two ears to hear, two eyes to see and two hands to hold. But why did God gave us only one heart? Because He wants us to find the other one!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
beancurdturtle



Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Posts: 1041
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life can be rough
Money is lubrication

Money is not necessary, but it can make life smoother. Very Happy
_________________
Daniel

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hoby



Joined: 04 Feb 2007
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that Money is very important,it makes life easier and greater.But I have to say that money is not everything but something
_________________
to think being like this was just a moment in time....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hoshi



Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 564
Location: At the best place of your dreams :D Loveland

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beancurdturtle wrote:
Money is not necessary, but it can make life smoother. Very Happy


hoby wrote:
think that Money is very important,it makes life easier and greater.But I have to say that money is not everything but something


That's what I think... well actually is not something I think it's a lot, even if we are in the other side of the world... Wink
_________________
God gave us two ears to hear, two eyes to see and two hands to hold. But why did God gave us only one heart? Because He wants us to find the other one!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
RedRose



Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 2735
Location: GuangZhou, China

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you have little money, more money definitely can bring you a great deal of happiness, but when your money is much enough, you will care about something else, and then money can't bring you more happiness anymore.

Sometimes I wish I was rich enough, that way I might quit my job and live a cozy life without working hard, however, what will I do if I quit my job? I will feel very bored and upset. some of my friends quit job after they got married, that's their choice. they spend plenty of their time on MaJiang, having their hair done, going shopping...and that's not what kind of life I want. I like to be a working woman, although not rich.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
misuvija



Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Money. Reply with quote

Hi everybody, I think that the money is important, I cannot buy friendship, love, loyalty, sincerity, things that my stops are more important that the money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oriani



Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 208
Location: Venezuela

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Money is important. I have excellent grades in college.. a nice family and etc.. but we don't have money ( and now that my dad had problems with his check Evil or Very Mad ) we are like broke.. so I feel really and extremately unhappy. so. yes. I need money to be happy.. at least "now".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RedRose



Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 2735
Location: GuangZhou, China

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my friends told me that she really had to look for a rich man if she considered marriage. I asked her:"why? why do you think it's necessary if a man is rich or not?" she answered:"simply, rich men could more turn me on than a poor one."

Yeah, she was definitely money-oriented. and finally she married a rich man as she hoped. but now she is not as happy as she wished. I guess she never actually loves her husband, although that guy isn't bad.

Now I am not rich, but I am happy. I guess I won't be happy if I am too poor to raise my daughter. but I don't think it's all about money. many facts can make people happy or unhappy. money is just one of them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rogerlz



Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 216
Location: Costa Rica

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that people with a lot of money has different problems, and there are moments when they are unhappy!!!! Money is not sinonym of happinest, also they can cause u unhappinest, how? I don't know Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
ad-miral



Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Posts: 1488

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so happy that you all agree with me. Finally you have also seen that money is the most important thing in this world.
_________________
If I say "I love you" to someone, then I also have to say "I also love everyone else inside you, I love the whole world because of you, I also love myself inside you." -- Erich Fromm, the Art of Love
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
beancurdturtle



Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Posts: 1041
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
I'm so happy that you all agree with me.

All?

Which "all" are you talking about?

Smile
_________________
Daniel

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ad-miral



Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Posts: 1488

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoshi wrote:
Well I think that money it is VERY important

beancurdturtle wrote:
it can make life smoother

hoby wrote:
i think that Money is very important,it makes life easier and greater

RedRose wrote:
when you have little money, more money definitely can bring you a great deal of happiness...Sometimes I wish I was rich enough

misuvija wrote:
Hi everybody, I think that the money is important

Oriani wrote:
Yes. Money is important.

_________________
If I say "I love you" to someone, then I also have to say "I also love everyone else inside you, I love the whole world because of you, I also love myself inside you." -- Erich Fromm, the Art of Love
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
beancurdturtle



Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Posts: 1041
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
hoshi wrote:
Well I think that money it is VERY important

beancurdturtle wrote:
it can make life smoother

hoby wrote:
i think that Money is very important,it makes life easier and greater

RedRose wrote:
when you have little money, more money definitely can bring you a great deal of happiness...Sometimes I wish I was rich enough

misuvija wrote:
Hi everybody, I think that the money is important

Oriani wrote:
Yes. Money is important.

Oh! I've seen this trick before. Using facts to prove your point.

It's a bit unfair, don't you think? Laughing Laughing
_________________
Daniel

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2011 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Teachers College, Columbia University: Train to Teach English Here or Abroad
SIT
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group