Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you think money is important to be happy?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think money is important to be happy?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

hoshi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Do you think money is important to be happy? Reply with quote

What do you think?
Rogerlz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the money is not the most important thing in life but... is necesary, for surviving!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think that money it is VERY important, there are a lot of people who say that if you have your family with you, your friends and all the people you love, you must be happy... Confused

But what happens if you have all this people around you and you don't have a house to live or food to eat, most of us in this forum are not having this problem but that's a real situation in the world.

Another example: Supose you have children, Will you be happy if they are with you? you will say "Yes" (I hope Very Happy ) but If you don't have money to give them all what they need? will you be happy?

That's why I think money is very important, it doesn't gives you the happiness but you need it to be happy.

Unfortunatly this is the real world Confused
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life can be rough
Money is lubrication

Money is not necessary, but it can make life smoother. Very Happy

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
hoby

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that Money is very important,it makes life easier and greater.But I have to say that money is not everything but something
hoshi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beancurdturtle wrote:
Money is not necessary, but it can make life smoother. Very Happy

hoby wrote:
think that Money is very important,it makes life easier and greater.But I have to say that money is not everything but something

That's what I think... well actually is not something I think it's a lot, even if we are in the other side of the world... Wink
RedRose

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you have little money, more money definitely can bring you a great deal of happiness, but when your money is much enough, you will care about something else, and then money can't bring you more happiness anymore.

Sometimes I wish I was rich enough, that way I might quit my job and live a cozy life without working hard, however, what will I do if I quit my job? I will feel very bored and upset. some of my friends quit job after they got married, that's their choice. they spend plenty of their time on MaJiang, having their hair done, going shopping...and that's not what kind of life I want. I like to be a working woman, although not rich.
misuvija

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Money. Reply with quote

Hi everybody, I think that the money is important, I cannot buy friendship, love, loyalty, sincerity, things that my stops are more important that the money.
Oriani

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Money is important. I have excellent grades in college.. a nice family and etc.. but we don't have money ( and now that my dad had problems with his check Evil or Very Mad ) we are like broke.. so I feel really and extremately unhappy. so. yes. I need money to be happy.. at least "now".
RedRose

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my friends told me that she really had to look for a rich man if she considered marriage. I asked her:"why? why do you think it's necessary if a man is rich or not?" she answered:"simply, rich men could more turn me on than a poor one."

Yeah, she was definitely money-oriented. and finally she married a rich man as she hoped. but now she is not as happy as she wished. I guess she never actually loves her husband, although that guy isn't bad.

Now I am not rich, but I am happy. I guess I won't be happy if I am too poor to raise my daughter. but I don't think it's all about money. many facts can make people happy or unhappy. money is just one of them.
Rogerlz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that people with a lot of money has different problems, and there are moments when they are unhappy!!!! Money is not sinonym of happinest, also they can cause u unhappinest, how? I don't know Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so happy that you all agree with me. Finally you have also seen that money is the most important thing in this world.
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
I'm so happy that you all agree with me.

All?

Which "all" are you talking about?

Smile

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
ad-miral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoshi wrote:
Well I think that money it is VERY important

beancurdturtle wrote:
it can make life smoother

hoby wrote:
i think that Money is very important,it makes life easier and greater

RedRose wrote:
when you have little money, more money definitely can bring you a great deal of happiness...Sometimes I wish I was rich enough

misuvija wrote:
Hi everybody, I think that the money is important

Oriani wrote:
Yes. Money is important.

beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
hoshi wrote:
Well I think that money it is VERY important

beancurdturtle wrote:
it can make life smoother

hoby wrote:
i think that Money is very important,it makes life easier and greater

RedRose wrote:
when you have little money, more money definitely can bring you a great deal of happiness...Sometimes I wish I was rich enough

misuvija wrote:
Hi everybody, I think that the money is important

Oriani wrote:
Yes. Money is important.

Oh! I've seen this trick before. Using facts to prove your point.

It's a bit unfair, don't you think? Laughing Laughing

--Dr. Seuss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: