Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Statue of Liberty is being dismantled today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ltp-008

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Statue of Liberty is being dismantled today Reply with quote

Statue of Liberty is being dismantled today

Note: This is a news reported by a Chinese Internet reporter of C@K news agency, firstly I want all of you to know that C@K news agency is an Internet news agency in China which is very popular in China now, everyone who is interested in journalism can become the member of C@K news agency thanks to the control of media in China. hope you can taste the humor of Chinese people. Sometimes they cann't explain their true views in the Internet so they use sarcastic ways to explain their views in the Internet, this is what C@K news agency is about. This news was written by "An Ant in Shengzhen " which is his nickname in Internet.

Statue of liberty is being dismantled today

New York, America (C@K news agency)--New York urban police began to dismantle the Statue of liberty today, this event has been paid a great attention by international community, now we have a phone connection with our journalist of Mr. Rat who is on the spot.

Anchor: Mr. Rat , how is the situation on the spot?

Mr. Rat: Today New York is raining, there are many New Yorkers around here, they are wearing white flowers in front of their chests and obviously they are very depressing. New York urban police have pulled an alert line and the bulldozers have begun to work, the Statue of Liberty is going to be dismentled in five hours.

The Anchor: How do Americans consider this event?

Mr.Rat: Although Americans are very sad right now they can understand the event. President Bush made a speech on television today in which he admitted the facts that China has overrun America in all aspects , he told Americans from the fact that Chinese human rights are better five times than America to the fact that the height of the Statue of two Chinese ancient ancestors of YanHuang created by Chinese communist government a few days ago is higher eight meters than the Statue of Liberty , all of these surprised our United States, he quoted a Chinese folksay " Out of sight, out of mind" , he told Americans that if we couldn't dismantle the Statue of liberty then the statue of Liberty would be a shame on all Americans. He also stressed that the dismantling of Statue of Liberty indicated that we-- America are very jealous about the achievements of China.

The anchor: Does America have a plan in which they will re-build a Statue of Liberty which is higher than the Statue of the Chinese ancient ancestors of YanHuang?

Mr. Rat: As for my consideration so far it is impossible to re-build the Statue of Liberty. Firstly the American taxpayers are not willing to spend their money on this meaningless event, the huge expense of re-building Statue of Liberty can't be approved by American congress. Secondly even though America re-builds the Statue of Liberty higher than the Chinese Statue of the Chinese ancient ancestors of YanHuang it is certain that China will build higher statue than US's . In terms of this kind of competition with China America can't beat China.

The anchor: How does the international community consider this event?

Mr. Rat: North Korean, Iran and Cuba have made their announcements , they are very satisfied with the dismantling of Statue of Liberty which indicates that democracy and freedom have been the dead end in the world. And Japan and Europe Union have explained that they will not condemn dictatorship regimes any more in the future.

The anchor: Do other countries have a plan in which they will build a statue higher than the Chinese's ?

Mr.Rat: so far only North Korean has the ability to build a statue higher than the Chinese's , North Korean is planning to build a statue of their founder Kim Jong Il which will be higher 13 meters than the Chinese's , however by then the heroical Chinese will build higher statue than the North Korean's . Thank Anchor, this is journalist Rat reporting. lol

If you can read Chinese , below is a link of this article in Chinese.

http://club.cat898.com/newbbs/dispbbs.asp?boardID=1&ID=1595467&page=1
pugachevV

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been melted down and sold to China for raw materials.
It will be made into Chinese motor car called Freedom Horse. Shocked
jacky.diamond

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: huH?? Reply with quote

I don't understand this at all!!!!

I don't think Bush would say that because he thinks he's the best and America's the best, and would not say that China has better things.
ad-miral

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe! The Statue is a symbol of America, how can they ever sell it!
asterix

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Statue of Liberty is still standing where it always stood. I think this is what you would call an April Fool's day joke.
BourneNOIR

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is what an April's Fool joke can do... think about what propaganda and government controlled media can do...
hoshi

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ad-miral wrote:
I don't believe! The Statue is a symbol of America, how can they ever sell it!
neither you nor me believe it. It's a symbol of their country. They can't do that and if they try it there will be a lot of people who will fight against it. American people would be very upset.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: