Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why do we need to listen to God?!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chi-kei

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 7:08 am    Post subject: Why do we need to listen to God?! Reply with quote

I am atheist,
it's because I think there is not necessary to believe religion.

Undoubledly
the fate is belong to us,
not the others, not to the God.

Why do we need to listen to God?!
It don't have any reason.
If you have, state it out please.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Diana

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:50 am    Post subject: Free Will. Reply with quote

We have free will. It's up to us if we want to listen to God or not. It's also up to us if we want to believe in Him or not. That's why some people are atheists and some are not.
chi-kei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Free Will. Reply with quote

Diana wrote:
We have free will. It's up to us if we want to listen to God or not. It's also up to us if we want to believe in Him or not. That's why some people are atheists and some are not.

Can I ask you a question?
Do you have any religion?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Diana

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am a Christian. But it doesn't bother me if you are an atheist. In fact, I have a few good friends in this forum who are atheists.
Cassiopea

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really were an atheist you wouldn't have told that "why do we need to listen to God". Because this sentence indicates that God exists, and it denies being an atheist
chi-kei

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 8:47 am    Post subject: The Strange and Mysterious Reply with quote

I am asking someone who listen to god.
Although I don't beilive, I just want to know the other's thinking.
Cassiopea

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you know why?
because when I listen to the God and everything what he told us to do I feel that I behave in a right way and it usually brings me good results in life.
Bernie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Why do we need to listen to God?! Reply with quote

Excuse me, I`m mew in this stuff, but I really think it`s to difficult being a really atheist, maybe you are the first one I know, but I recomend you to analise yourself, and find in your knowledge your God, maybe its something different... have a nice day
Quote:

Ilitch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i think taht the people who say that are atheist really they�re not, because they dont believe in the god that people show, but that is not the real GOD (with capital letters) you can not understand God by reasoning, because he is the pure reason, he is the font of all our thoughts, you cannot explain why people have intelligence, why we are diferente from that animals or the plants, and that is because we have a soul, a soul created by God, some greek philosphers had already thought in that (Plato, Aristotle) before us. God is our creator, but he gave us free will, you have the choice, you can decide wheter if you listen him or not.

Well, sorry for my english, but i have just satrted to learn it!
Bernie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey de qu� parte de M�xico eres, yo soy de Quer�taro, saludos paisano
Ryan Tan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really beleive in god
But...
I'm a Budhist...
You can say half Buddhist half Atheist...
Honey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:10 am    Post subject: Believe Reply with quote

Sooner or later, anyhow, YOU BELIEVE.
Maybe not in God, exactly, but in a supreme force.

Hello!
Why do we need to listen to God?...
We want to follow our own way. but history has showed we cannot build our own totally world, but we need him.
I'm Christian. The fact isn't a religion, but a belief, a real belief... Faith, true faith.
I'm a young girl, and it's been s difficult for me to live in this society. But I've seen if we follow God's principles, we can avoid all those problems people use to have. We find satisfaction in worth things, not in a short moment, a useless object, a short pleasure.

In God, we find a friend. some people just look for him when they have problems, or saying He's guilty because of all those problems. What do we do to avoid them?
As Diana said before, we have free will. We take our own decisions. That's why the world is like that. If we just leave our pride away and listen to God with a sincer and realistic mind, we can see He isn't masses, Christmas, Easter, and all that stuff. He's hope, He's nature, happines, logical, creation.

Believe me, if you just try it once with sincer mind and listen for a while to God, you can see it's useful. The problem is that, sometimes, we don't find the answer to OUR problems. If we want to know about death but we can't solve our question but we just find "Don't do this, don't do that (something that is incorrect) which faith can we develop?

I understand why some people prefer to ignore it. But it would be good if they try, at least once, to open their heart.

I did it once and, believe me, it changed my point a view. Nor only a belief, but a logical and realistic point of view. Wink
takenori15162000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: i don't believe the god!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Hi!! i think i can't believe the god !
because I have never seen him ,
and he have never given some presents and good things!
so i can't believe! i believe me !
please reply!
polisitikus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: god must be listened to. Reply with quote

if you dont have something to believe on. god is the one we turn to when we have problem when
our friend let us down,
i"m a muslim and im thankful for being one.
sofia22

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Why do we need to listen to God?! Reply with quote

Hey chi-kei,

how are ya? I have a good idea for ya Very Happy . You want to know "why do we need to listen to God?" well I don't have the answer for ya, but I dare you to read the Bible, all of it. And I promise you, that if your question isn't answered, then you'll really know if there's a reason to listen to God. Wink But before you make up your mind, maybe it's a good idea to get to know better what you are refusing. Because if you never know exactly who God is, then how do you know weither you made the right decision or not concerning your faith? Rolling Eyes Try it and let me know how it goes! Wink here's a great online Bible with international translations http://www.gospelcom.net/ibs/index.php

God Bless!
Kristelle
[email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> The Strange and Mysterious All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: