Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reading a simple book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eneida

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reading a simple book Reply with quote

I am studying English, and I would like to read a simple book, for learn english faster. Could you give me a sugestion for some books?
HongxiaChen616

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I will advise you about some of the simple books for you to read. For example, The chocalate War, the witch of blackbird Pond, It's that, cat; the shadow of bow and so on.
Wish you a good day
Ellie-The-Vampiress

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I am unsure of your age, but I would suggest reading childrens books. I know that this sounds stupid and you may feel stupid doing it, but it can help a lot.

As an author I would suggest Roald Dahl.
MrWrite

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Graded Readers Reply with quote

Have a look at some graded readers. They are written for learners of English and you can choose the level that is right for you. Don't choose a book that you need a dictionary to read. Keep it simple and you will enjoy reading and then after some books at one level, you can move up to a higher level.
I have some of my graded readers on my website and there are a lot more out there.
Happy reading!

Jeremy
demon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Graded Readers Reply with quote

MrWrite wrote:
Have a look at some graded readers. They are written for learners of English and you can choose the level that is right for you. Don't choose a book that you need a dictionary to read. Keep it simple and you will enjoy reading and then after some books at one level, you can move up to a higher level.
I have some of my graded readers on my website and there are a lot more out there.
Happy reading!

Jeremy
it have two years past
beibeizhu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: That's a good way. Reply with quote

Hello, nice to meet u. I want to improve my reading English level. To read more simple books are useful to me. I will choose some easy and short articles to read.Step by step, i hope it will be effected.
Jenniferdu521

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I am a chinese.
I am reading a simple book named Born To Win.
You can try it.
It include 30 great article which are short and interesting.
And I suggest you can remember these articles by heart.
It will more useful!

Come on! Let's try our best to improve our English!
suesummers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I personally feel that the best way to build up English vocab is by religiously reading an English newspaper everyday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: