Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do we live without mobile phone?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: How do we live without mobile phone? Reply with quote

I was born in the time that we have no idea what mobile phone is. I remember that I was quite happy to live in that age. I could make an appointment with my friends. I could get along with (ex-) girlfriend. I use public phone to call back home when I have to go home late. All of these without mobile phone.

Today, same for me, we became so nervous when we forgot to bring mobile phone outside. We are not comfortable to use public phone anymore. We start relationship by asking "mobile phone" number from the target.

It looks very useful until I can't imagine anymore how do we live without it. Is this just a matter of perception? Or it really became crucial already?

Sometimes, I just wish that we never have such hi-technology so children come home and talk to his/her parents instead of climbing on the internet or start using mobile phone to call friends
Tone

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No comment?
ad-miral

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting topic, really!
I also think, with all the electronic things like internet or mobile phone, human affairs have become very shallow. You start to have more friends, but most of them are just shallow people who only knows your name.

I prefer calling on telephone more than chatting on computer. I think internet relationships are so shallow, I mean you don't see the real person in front of you and you can only guess what he/she is by the words he/she writes.
hoshi

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't live without my mobile phone Laughing I love to send messages and to talk with people Very Happy
Dixie

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived without a cell phone for the first 20 years of my life. And it was quite good. I did very well.

Now I've owned a phone for quite a few years and sometimes I try to imagine what I would do without it.

For example, when I take the car, I think it's important to have my cell phone with me, just in case.
RedRose

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, when I didn't have a mobile phone, I was totally fine!!!

After I got a mobile phone, I have to answer the phone anytime when people call me!! even when I am having sex!! and that's annoying!
Pommezani

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started having a cell phone when I moved out from my parents house, so they could call me whenever they wanted to have news from me.. and yes, little by little, you become a cell phone's slave lol

2 years ago, I went to Italy, the trip was my birthday present from my friends.. And I forgot my cell phone at the hotel!!!!! Shocked at first, I was very under stress, cause maybe I could need it etc.. I managed to have it back, but I spent 2 weeks without cell phone. and... it was like more holidays!!! I felt free!!! Laughing so sometimes I let my cell phone at home, for the whole day, and I don't worry lol
hoshi

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose wrote:
After I got a mobile phone, I have to answer the phone anytime when people call me!! even when I am having sex!! and that's annoying!
turn it off Exclamation
Rogerlz

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoshi wrote:
RedRose wrote:
turn it off Exclamation
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah you should turn it off... what could be important during that time..

(How come it turns to this topic!!)

Laughing Laughing
Dixie

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pommezani wrote:

2 years ago, I went to Italy, the trip was my birthday present from my friends.

Shocked Wow can I borrow your friends? Twisted Evil
Pommezani

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dixie wrote:
Pommezani wrote:

2 years ago, I went to Italy, the trip was my birthday present from my friends.

Shocked Wow can I borrow your friends? Twisted Evil

Laughing Those friends are my catalan friends!!! Wink they are wonderful friends.. I miss them a lot.. I'll try to visit them this summer Razz
Dixie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pommezani wrote:

Laughing Those friends are my catalan friends!!! Wink they are wonderful friends.. I miss them a lot.. I'll try to visit them this summer Razz

I want such friends! Nobody has ever given me a trip to Italy for my birthday! Very Happy
ad-miral

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tone wrote:
(How come it turns to this topic!!)
And everytime RR turns a discussion from a regular one to a sexual one, stellara, hoshi, Rogerlz and others and I are joining the discussion. I wonder where beancurdturtle is?
hoshi

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Computers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: