Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why don't Japanese take vacations?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Holidays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rmurph

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Why don't Japanese take vacations? Reply with quote

Some of my best memories from childhood are of the vacations my family took each year -- usually one or two weeks. We often went camping, or sightseeing famous places around the USA. I am told that Japanese companies do not allow salarymen to take their paid vacation time. Is this true? Did your family take annual vacations for one week together?

R in Japan
StephenLong

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Why don't Japanese take vacations? Reply with quote

Rmurph wrote:
Some of my best memories from childhood are of the vacations my family took each year -- usually one or two weeks. We often went camping, or sightseeing famous places around the USA. I am told that Japanese companies do not allow salarymen to take their paid vacation time. Is this true? Did your family take annual vacations for one week together?

R in Japan

few Japanese here.
saaa-chin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abc
nabbedo

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About my family, we have travellar 2 or 3 days twice a year. Golden week and the Bon Festinal, my parents have 4 or 5 holidays, and they take me and my sister by my fathers car. Every year I'm looking forward to do it.
GATCHAN

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Holiday in my family Reply with quote

I can little take vacations because my father is salarymen. But in the summer he could take holidays. I spent it go to somewhere with my family when I was child. we went camping or went to parent's hometown or trip. So, I took annual vacations for one week together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Holidays All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: