Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

World Naked Bike Ride
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: World Naked Bike Ride Reply with quote

I saw the World Naked Bike Ride by chance in San Francisco last weekend. It was quite funny actually. There was a group of about 100 people, mostly on bikes. There was one fellow on roller skates wearing a top hat.

There are so many prudes in the U.S. - but in San Francisco everyone was pointing, laughing, and smiling as far as I could tell. We need more cities like San Francisco.

A friend, her daughter, and I went to SFMOMA - San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.

We walked down the street for lunch. On the way back to SFMOMA I was taking a photo of an old church with a new building behind it.

That's when we saw the cyclists and the skater (I blurred the part that might offend some people).

Here's a pic of my friend's daughter in the museum.

Sorry about the quality, I was just using a camera in a Treo phone.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/06/10/europe/EU-GEN-Britain-Nude-Bikers.php

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
RedRose

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some westerners are weirdoes. Even if they do the naked bike ride as an environmentally friendly mode of transport, I don't see it's necessary. IMHO, being naked in public has little to do with environmentalism. I guess these naked people just wanna show their figures to attract more attention from other people. and they got it. On the other hand, I guess by the time San Francisco must have been too hot(I mean the weather, not the bodies), so these freaks were wearing nothing to stay cool. and they got it as well.

Mabey I am a prude, but whatever.
Leon Young

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"fat-bottom girls are coming the way,so forget all the duties oh yeah,"
i know that bike race from Queen's song,that is so funny.
Lorikeet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even hear about it, so it wasn't very newsworthy here, but San Francisco is a very "live and let live" city. (That means people don't usually get upset at what other people do as long as they are nice and don't harm anyone else.) I don't care if people want to go rice bicycles around naked or not, but it usually gets a little cold here when he wind picks up in the afternoon!
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorikeet wrote:
I didn't even hear about it, so it wasn't very newsworthy here, but San Francisco is a very "live and let live" city.

Oh!

I should have dropped by to say "hi" when I was there. Cool

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
RedRose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never be naked in public for any reasons, however, it's really comfortable and cool to be naked in your own home.

I live in the South of China, the weather is very hot. Even I turn the air conditioner to the top, I still feel very hot. sometimes I would like to be naked in my apartment, with all curtains closed. and that's very neat and unbelievable! But the negative part is that you have to hurry up to put on your clothes when someone is buzzing the doorball!! Yet you have to explain why you answered the door so late Laughing Laughing

Why don't you give it a try? come on! being naked in your house is so cool!
Lorikeet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beancurdturtle wrote:
Lorikeet wrote:
I didn't even hear about it, so it wasn't very newsworthy here, but San Francisco is a very "live and let live" city.

Oh!

I should have dropped by to say "hi" when I was there. Cool

Yes. Next time you are in the area, let me know Very Happy
Dixie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I have photos of that cathedral too! Do you live near SF, turtle?
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dixie wrote:
Hey I have photos of that cathedral too! Do you live near SF, turtle?

I live in Southern California. I flew up to the area for a technical training.

SF is a nice city to visit.

--Dr. Seuss
Helen.wan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed 怪人!
I never know the World Naked Bike Ride before.
I saw some naked women in the pics. Embarassed
But my city don't have naked bike ride day,and I think people here won't join in this,too.People here are all a little conservative Rolling Eyes
hoshi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose wrote:

I do it Very Happy
ad-miral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also dislike the idea of taking your clothes off and run around the street like a psycho.
And I also beware of taking my clothes off at home. (unless shooting photos for turtle, but I never run around without my genital protection) Only my girlfriend should see it, if ever.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed What am I talking about?
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ad-miral"
Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed What am I talking about?[/quote]

Shocked
What the heck are you talking about?

I go out of town for four days and you want to send naked photos?

I like women ad-miral, just in case you were confused.
Shocked

--Dr. Seuss
ad-miral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talking about and I think it would be a good idea if you went to the Naked Bike Ride, first you could have given RR a little pressure and second maybe more.
CP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedRose wrote:
I would never be naked in public for any reasons, however, it's really comfortable and cool to be naked in your own home.

I live in the South of China, the weather is very hot. Even I turn the air conditioner to the top, I still feel very hot. sometimes I would like to be naked in my apartment, with all curtains closed. and that's very neat and unbelievable! But the negative part is that you have to hurry up to put on your clothes when someone is buzzing the doorball!! Yet you have to explain why you answered the door so late Laughing Laughing

RR: All you need is a shift--a loose dress--or a light pool robe that you slip on when someone buzzes. For guys, shorts and a T-shirt.

If it is someone you want to invite inside, just let them in, give them something to drink, and excuse yourself for a moment and go change into something else.

It's hot in California, too, you know. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: