Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

people have the right to die how they choose?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pugachevV

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In what way did the Dutch experiment not work?
Infrared

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: people have the right to die how they choose? Reply with quote

[quote="RedRose"]If people have the right to live how they choose, do they also have the right to die how they choose?

First of all people MAY THINK that they have a right to live how they choose, but really WE CANNOT, I REPEAT, CANNOT CHOOSE HOW TO LIVE. We don't have much in our hands, not the way we live and most certainly NOT the way we will die, thats where the concept of fate comes in.

By the way, what makes you think dying is peaceful ??? How do you know what lies beyond death is not worse than what you faced when you were alive ?????

If you think dying is paeceful, explain the concept of pain, why is it that we feel pain when we hurt ourselves??? (i know the bioloogical reason though) I think everyone dies with excruciating pain ( i desperately hope to be wrong).

THINK there is a reason of us being alive, figure it out before you die and its too late !!!!!!!
RedRose

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

few people know the reason why they live. But I don't know why I live...and I never bother to think about such things.
NoLeafClover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, I doubt that all the people while dying feel pain and if that there's nothing out there after death and death is a terrible thing in general. I just think that suicide is an act of cowardice. For some reson people just start to think they have nothing else to explore in this life. Of course they are wrong. If you want, you will make your life real great. You are born to make the world better, and you should not leave until you succeed in it.
Good luck for all in your lives!
RedRose

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoLeafClover wrote:
Frankly, I doubt that all the people while dying feel pain and if that there's nothing out there after death and death is a terrible thing in general. I just think that suicide is an act of cowardice. For some reson people just start to think they have nothing else to explore in this life. Of course they are wrong. If you want, you will make your life real great. You are born to make the world better, and you should not leave until you succeed in it.
Good luck for all in your lives!

NoLeafClover, I am sure you never saw how painful those patients felt when death came to them.
Hayde

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wondered if people would still be against it if they were in that situation. Anyways, I believe it is up to the person, not anyone else.
watapon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people don't have right to choose how to die. Some people say �people have right to live�. Namely they have right to die. If we allow people to choose the way to die, suicide is going to be allowed. It is strange. Because I think it is mistake what people have right to live. People have duty to live.
I think human are made to live by the law of nature, namely becoming ill and aging. Because we have to accept disease and pain and death. Some people may desire euthanasia. But I think euthanasia is against the law of nature. In that sense, death with dignity is against the law of nature, too. Because I think life-prolonging treatment of comatose person is absurd. So people should not choose how to die.
PeterAlex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're only hurting themselves As a Christian, I find the act of suicide to be abhorrent. It is a cowardly, permanent solution to a temporary issue that most likely could be resolved over time. It leaves families heartbroken and, often times, relationships between family members are torn beyond repair as they argue over who could have stopped this, who wasn't paying enough attention, who's fault it it, etc. However, ones life is ones own property. If someone decides that they do not want it anymore, who are we to say that they shouldn't give it up? Especially if the reason for that suicide is to end physical suffering due to disease.
PeterAlex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're only hurting themselves As a Christian, I find the act of suicide to be abhorrent. It is a cowardly, permanent solution to a temporary issue that most likely could be resolved over time. It leaves families heartbroken and, often times, relationships between family members are torn beyond repair as they argue over who could have stopped this, who wasn't paying enough attention, who's fault it it, etc. However, ones life is ones own property. If someone decides that they do not want it anymore, who are we to say that they shouldn't give it up? Especially if the reason for that suicide is to end physical suffering due to disease.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Opinions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: