Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi to everybody!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
girella

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:55 am    Post subject: Hi to everybody!!!! Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi

Nice to meet you!!! I'm new in this forum.

I have been studing English from few years and I'd like very much to improve my English and to know a lot of new friends.

I hope you would help me!!!!

See you soon Very Happy

Girella
dduck

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Hi to everybody!!!! Reply with quote

girella wrote:
I have been studing English from few years and I'd like very much to improve my English and to know a lot of new friends.

Hi Girella, and welcome Smile

Instead you should write:

"I have been studing English for a few years; I'd really like to improve my English and meet a lot of new friends."

It's better not to have too many "and"s in one sentence.
There's nothing wrong with "very much" in your sentence. But, to me, "really" sounds more natural.

It's obvious that you've already learnt a great deal. I notice that you've gotten some things correct that native speakers often get wrong. Well done!

Iain

Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.
--Chinese Proverb
girella

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:44 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Dear Iain

Thanks for your advice! They are very useful for me.

I will be really happy if we continue corresponding by e-mail or in this forum. My e-mail is: girella@e-mail.it

I know that my English need improving and I'm very glad for your help.

See You Soon

Girella
girella

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: ......I've wrong.... Reply with quote

....ehm.....sorry....I've wrong......my e-mail is: Girella@email.it

Bye

Girella
Christina177

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Hello everybody !!!!Should we make friends???? Reply with quote

Hello everybody

My name is Christina,a Chinese girl.My teacher told me this forum and tell me to do more practices ,because my English is too poor Sad Can you help me with my problems ????
Corey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any questions or problems post them in the forum.

Good luck,

Corey
dduck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Hello everybody !!!!Should we make friends???? Reply with quote

Christina177 wrote:
Hello everybody

My name is Christina,a Chinese girl.My teacher told me this forum and tell me to do more practices ,because my English is too poor Sad Can you help me with my problems ????

Let's correct your sentence.

'My name is Christina, a Chinese girl. My teacher told me about this forum and told me to practise more, because my English is poor. Can you help me with my problems?'

If you want to learn British English 'practise' is the verb and 'practice' is a noun. Can you see the difference? However, in American English 'practice' is the verb and noun.

Also, you shouldn't say 'My Engish is too poor. See the sentence above.

Iain

Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.
--Chinese Proverb
illusion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:49 am    Post subject: I'm new here! Reply with quote

Hello! I'm here for the first time! I've been learning English for about five years,but now I have absolitely no practice,so my English is ruining!I would like to chat with someone or to improve my English in any other way!I hope we can help each other!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Learning English All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: